disadvantaged groups: prelim task (1 Viewer)

tearsdontfall

HSC
okay, so i'm doing aboriginals + torres strait islanders. the assessment is a 45 minute essay based on research. i need to write about:

- the ways in which the group is currently disadvantaged+ relevant legislation
- appeal mechanisms available
- access people have to legal processes, is it adequate
- non-legal responses and effectiveness

i'm a tad confused on some things. :mad3:
- is there any need to mention native title as a disadvantage? is it an ongoing current issue? i would think discrimination, health inequality and racism as more of a disadvantage, but the state library lists the native title act as key legislation ... :S
- uh what the heck are appeal mechanisms? are these appeal mechanisms: the anti discrimination board, the courts, administrative decisions tribunal? (if they are, please help in naming a few more appeal mechanisms!)
- legal processes... what's the difference between this and appeal mechanisms? :S they seem similar
- what are some non legal organisations and their effectiveness?

i'll be thankful for any help =)

Last edited:

Saturn WY15

HSC
okay, so i'm doing aboriginals + torres strait islanders. the assessment is a 45 minute essay based on research. i need to write about:

- the ways in which the group is currently disadvantaged+ relevant legislation
- appeal mechanisms available
- access people have to legal processes, is it adequate
- non-legal responses and effectiveness

i'm a tad confused on some things. :mad3:
- is there any need to mention native title as a disadvantage? is it an ongoing current issue? i would think discrimination, health inequality and racism as more of a disadvantage, but the state library lists the native title act as key legislation ... :S
- uh what the heck are appeal mechanisms? are these appeal mechanisms: the anti discrimination board, the courts, administrative decisions tribunal? (if they are, please help in naming a few more appeal mechanisms!)
- legal processes... what's the difference between this and appeal mechanisms? :S they seem similar
- what are some non legal organisations and their effectiveness?

i'll be thankful for any help =)
You could listen native title and how it hasn't enought for Aboriginal's in terms of osical justice in area's such as health,education, etc. But you could also mention how recently the government has suspend the Anti-discrimination Act on Aboriginals and instead place a policy of intervention ( government interfer with the rights and lifestyle of aboriignals ) & how this symbolise Aborignals being dis-advantage.

Appeal mechanisms available are ways individuals or organisation can challenge these legislation, which are inbult in the decision-maker organisation

Legal processes: are formal methods of challeging these legislation which can be apply legal
- Courts
- Tribunals
- Ombudsman
- Royal Commission
- Australia Human Rights Commision

Internals Review

Last Question, it isnt my assignment it's yours. So do the research.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)