Director's Folio (1 Viewer)

Dramatique

HSC
hi, I was also looking for a sample or something of a Director's Folio, just to see if i'm on track. I don't know any one who has previously done this ip, so if anyone has insight it would be a real help to hear anything from anyone...Thankz

Lex818

HSC
just curious... wat play u doing ur IP on???
and what stage are u at on ur IP?

Im doing Myth, Propaganda & Disaster etc. and ive just finished my 1500 folio draft.

Dramatique

HSC
I"m doing Everyman, the medieval "moral" play...i haven't even started doing any drafts, but ive put all ideas in logg book and annotated the whole script, i've done all character interpretations n relationships and covered all my design aspects roughly...very behind.
Have you seen a sample? cause i have no clu wat i'm doing... is you rationale formal?

Lex818

HSC
Hey, i almost did Everyman. It was either that or the play im doing now... ive kinda read through the script... and no, i havent seen any rationales or folios on Everyman. Seems that ppl try 2 stay away frm things like this and shakespeare...

My logg book has been submitted for marking atm, but it should be bac inna week or 2. For the folio, i recomend two things... Look for a band 6 director's folio [even though it may not be on the same play] but use the basic layout and take note of the dramatic terminology involved. The two websites that ive listed also briefly helped me. It should help a little for writing the folio.

I highly recomend u start doing ur drafts ASAP. Then proof read ur work and "mark" it. As soon as my folio returns i can get my set of notes back n advise u on what to look out 4. For the moment, write your drafts and finish ALL research that is needed to answer all aspects of the folio. And no, nothing in my folio is formal... i think only 3 aspects are on its 2nd draft...

http://community.boredofstudies.org/478/critical-analysis/83658/directors-vision-rationale.html

http://community.boredofstudies.org/478/critical-analysis/73017/directors-folio.html

WikiLover89

HSC
Heyt im just starting my IP and flipping up between lighting and Directors folio, im just wondering if the directors folio is more worthwhile.
i can't find exactly what i need to do for it so any help will be greatly appricated thanks (im thinking of doin evreman or as you like it)

michikochan

HSC
hey Im doing Everyman too!!

They didnt have any example Director's FOlio's at onStage and I was really disappointed. I dont suppose you know of any other productions or anything like that do you?? I;ve heard of a Peter Arnott production in 1960 (he used puppets...???) but thats it...

-Annaxx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)