Diploma of Languages Qs ~ (1 Viewer)

puffiijamii

HSC
Hey guys :)

I'm gonna be B Comm/ B Science as of March 2010 but I'm also interested in taking Chinese Studies. A friend recommended that I do a diploma.

Is it an extra year on top of the 4 years of my Comm/Science? Or can I do the diploma at the same time as my degree?

I saw the form on the website and saw that applications have already closed, when will they next be open?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Hey guys :)

I'm gonna be B Comm/ B Science as of March 2010 but I'm also interested in taking Chinese Studies. A friend recommended that I do a diploma.

Is it an extra year on top of the 4 years of my Comm/Science? Or can I do the diploma at the same time as my degree?

I saw the form on the website and saw that applications have already closed, when will they next be open?

I think if you have a high enough ATAR or if you do well during uni, you can apply to overload your schedule, and i don't think it'll take an extra year.

But yeah, I want to do chinese studies as well.

puffiijamii

HSC
Oh, I doubt they'd let me then :( ATAR wasn't that high.
I've tried ringing the Arts student centre, but haven't been able to get through :S

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Oh, I doubt they'd let me then :( ATAR wasn't that high.
I've tried ringing the Arts student centre, but haven't been able to get through :S
I managed to get through.
Overloading isn't allowed until second year :(

That means I'm not allowed to do it. Are you part of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences? Because maybe you might be allowed.

EDIT: My bad, you're not part of the faculty of arts.

puffiijamii

HSC
Mm yeah, business faculty.
Oh damn. So I guess I should wait till next year to apply?
Cos I know applications closed Nov 2009 anyway. And I don't know if they open every year, or every semester, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)