dilemma... (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i have just been offered a job doing the choreography for a musical theatre production in melbourne, and i would get paid and experience etc etc.

the thing is, the first meeting of the cast and crew is on the week of my nida audition.

i have to choose whether to audition for nida and prob not get in because they very rarely accept students directly out of school or to accept the job, get industry experience and have a better chance of getting in a few years after...

anyone got any words of wisdom for me?? i have to call the director in the next few days.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
best of luck either way :) im sure it will work out

sounds like to me you are already leaning towards melbourne

have fun :uhhuh:

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I think the choice is obvious- the job in melbourne. It's the infinitely more sensible choice.

On the other hand, maybe you should try and get a compromise with the director whereby you miss the first meet. One would think he'd understand your situation. If the choice must be made though, I still reckon the job at melbourne.

Last edited:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
You'd be more likely to get into nida with the experience you will get in Melbourne, how long is the job for?
Ultimately the decision is yours, good luck :)

steffo

steph
HSC
go for melbourne!!
and either try and get a bit of time off to do your audition,or contact NIDA and try to change your audition to one in melbourne. you could just audition for VCA instead/as well seeing as it is in melbourne too.
also, u rule! get into the industry! whoo!!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i think ill be going for the melbourne option. the moneys good and itll be fun, and musical theatre is where my heart lies, so i think ill be going with that.

but im already auditioning for VCA and WAAPA its just the NIDA audition time thats fucking everything up. ive tried to change it to no avail, but everyone says you cant get in straight out of school anyway.

thanks for ur help guys. xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)