[Dilemma, dilemma: Dentistry, Optometry and Pharmacy] My insights - need advice. (1 Viewer)

Sharky22

HSC
Hehe I'm a Pharmaceutical Science graduate, and theres plenty of jobs out there especially for those majoring in Formulation Chemistry. But i felt it wasn't for me (as in industry based work), so i'm currently studying Pharmacy, but still intend on getting into med because its always what i wanted to do.

For those thinking Pharmacy is just a dispensing job, i'm sure those who are highly passionate about the profession can tell you that it is far from just that. In fact they're trying to stamp out pharmacists from just sitting back on the dispensary and getting them out there doing more counselling.

Pharmacy is not just restricted to working in the community pharmacies, theres so much more to it. You have Hospital Pharmacists whom not only work in dispensaries but also do ward rounds, you work in collaboration with doctors, nurses and other health professionals.

You can also work in pharmaceutical industries doing medical affairs etc.
I remember there being a post specifically for pharmacy and it had great detail on options as a pharmacist.

I'm not trying to manipulate you into doing pharmacy, just thought that broadening the stereotypical role of pharmacists would perhaps give you a better understanding as to what the profession entails.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHOICE!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)