Digital SLR Camera? (1 Viewer)

HoCo8

HSC
Wasn't sure where to put this.
I'm thinking of getting a digital SLR camera, not for any serious photography work. More casual use, a general hobby and I just like them. Looking at second hands ones on Ebay and such.
Does anyone have any suggestions of decent quality, but affordable SLR's?

lauraa2407

HSC
i dont see why you would want an SLR if basic, everyday shots are all you are going to use it for. it seems like wasted money to me, but anyway.

its a little bit difficult to get an 'affordable' SLR unless it is secondhand which is a smart way to go haha. if you are only going to be using it for everyday photos and such, make sure you dont get a lens that is too big for your requirements. you may want to go with nothing bigger than an 18-55mm. they are good for just your basic shots, close up and distance shots withut the extra bulk that other lenses offer.

As for the model, you are just going to have to look around and see what tickles your fancy. if you arent wanting anything too extravagant i'd go with the canon EOS range. they do it all pretty much and they are cheaper than nikons.

hope this helps you. :)

5233andy

HSC
Nikon has released a relatively cheap DSLR camera for ~$590. It's obviously not the best, compared with other models - 6.5 megapixels and your standard digital camera specs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)