digital camera (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
firstly i apologise if this is posted in the wrong forum

ok i am looking to buy a digital camera something smallish and lightweight so i can take it when i go out heaps of places these holidays somewhere in the range of $100-$200

any suggestions?

Collin

HSC
N/A
You'll be able to get a pretty basic entry-level camera for $100 - $200. Something like a Canon A430, Nikon Coolpix L4, Kodak Easyshare C533, Olympus FE-120 Zoom, Fujifilm FinePix A400 or Olympus FE-115 Zoom. In general, entry-level models aren't the smallest cameras, nor the lightest.. but you get what you pay for. They also lack general shooting modes like shutter-priority, aperture-priority or manual.. however most people who choose an entry-level tend to use Auto mode anyway.

If you want something that's truly small, light and with a large LCD, look at Canon's IXUS/SD range. However you'll need around $350ish for a decent currentish model (e.g IXUS 65).

If I were to get a 'cheapish' point-and-shoot digital, I'd look at Canon's A series range. I know this is probably far outside of your price range, but something like an A710IS (7MP, 6x Canon optical zoom lens, Tv, Av, full-manual, VGA 30fps movie, 9 point AF, ISO 800, optical image stabiliser) for about $450 will serve you much better into the future than a cheap entry-level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)