• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Diggers have died in vain - Obama just declared Afghan war failed??? (1 Viewer)

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Fuck the diggers. The diggers are the bad guys.

These murdering thugs deserve to die for their crimes.

It's saddens me profoundly reading your posts showing your scorn for soldiers typed with the privilege of free speech when the people who you are despising are actually the ones who sacrificed so much for you in order to obtain this freedom for you to say such a thing with impunity. I ask you all just to talk to at least one soldier who has served and has been through combat and to just talk to them without any animosity; without any hate and without any prejudice and realise that they are serving so that you don't have to serve. These people aren't war mongers, they do not like the idea of killing another man. I assure you that when you talk to a soldier who has done so, they will not talk about with you and divert away from the subject. I assure you that many won't even talk to anybody about what they had been through. It is not a good thing to do killing another human being, to the point that it scars some so much that they will do the unthinkable to themselves and to their families when they come home, but sometimes it must be done. As I said before, do whatever you want in your life, I do not care, but do not ever , ever disrespect soldiers so openly with contempt when you yourself do not know what they go through each day to protect you and to let you live the life that you have now in peace and prosperity.
What have the soldier currently fighting in the middle east done to protect Australia or to protect free speech? If anything, by joining the coalition, it has made us less safe, and more likely to be targeted by terrorists.

They are slaughtering innocent people for NO REASON. They are no different to hired goons working for the mafia. Sure, they are just pawns in the game, but they signed up to do terrible things and they are responsible for their actions.

Last edited:

mr_robato

HSC

What have the soldier currently fighting in the middle east done to protect Australia or to protect free speech? If anything, by joining the coalition, it has made us less safe, and more likely to be targeted by terrorists.

They are slaughtering innocent people for NO REASON. They are no different to hired goons working for the mafia. Sure, they are just pawns in the game, but they signed up to do terrible things and they are responsible for their actions.

Well there has to be give-take don't there?

We put our "pawns" in the line of fire in return we have friends in high places [i.e. USA/UK+EU]. That's how foreign policy/relations have to work, regardless of whether we [you and i] like it or not.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Well there has to be give-take don't there?

We put our "pawns" in the line of fire in return we have friends in high places [i.e. USA/UK+EU]. That's how foreign policy/relations have to work, regardless of whether we [you and i] like it or not.
What absolute garbage. NATO would not allow Australia to be invaded for its own strategic reasons. Our meager contribution to this criminal war makes no difference to our safety and security.

Plenty of NATO members and major non-NATO US allies have refused to participate in the Coalition, and it has not resulted in any change in their status as US allies.

mr_robato

HSC

Whether we like it or not, give-take is what our world thrives on. We offer our "pawns" in distant conflicts, in return we get friends in high places [usa/uk+EU].

It's a necessity, live with it.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Whether we like it or not, give-take is what our world thrives on. We offer our "pawns" in distant conflicts, in return we get friends in high places [usa/uk+EU].

trading lives is not good diplomacy

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC

You ignored what I posted and just repeated yourself with slightly different wording.

It has nothing to do with "give or take." The US does not implicitly defend Australia because we give them something, it does it because its advantageous for the US to have a sympathetic government in place here. Similarly it would be disadvantageous for the US to allow an enemy regime to spread here and to gain control of Australia's resources.

If it was give and take, we would have to provide more than a laughable 2000 troops. Even for our population, its a pathetic contribution compared to the US and British forces.

Edit: Oh wait, it was a double post lol. Oh well.

Last edited:

mr_robato

HSC
You ignored what I posted and just repeated yourself with slightly different wording.

It has nothing to do with "give or take." The US does not implicitly defend Australia because we give them something, it does it because its advantageous for the US to have a sympathetic government in place here. Similarly it would be disadvantageous for the US to allow an enemy regime to spread here and to gain control of Australia's resources.

If it was give and take, we would have to provide more than a laughable 2000 troops. Even for our population, its a pathetic contribution compared to the US and British forces.

Edit: Oh wait, it was a double post lol. Oh well.

My bad, firefox froze on me.

I think it's a safe bet that the US would stick up for Australia in an [highly] unlikely invasion considering the fact that Australia's standards regarding personell, technology and ability to sustain war [economically] are far beyond the reaches of our neighbors (long sentence eh lol).

Technically the ANZUS treaty binds us and the United States.

What absolute garbage. NATO would not allow Australia to be invaded for its own strategic reasons. Our meager contribution to this criminal war makes no difference to our safety and security.

Plenty of NATO members and major non-NATO US allies have refused to participate in the Coalition, and it has not resulted in any change in their status as US allies.

Well there you go, give-take right there, we get NATO's protection, they get access to our ores.

We're Australia, not France [a notable objector to the invasion to Iraq]. France has a fleet of aircraft carriers, we don't.

Warm relations don't rely on a mere "yup we're your allies".

trading lives is not good diplomacy
10000000000000000000000000% agreed. I never said it was man!

Lol I'm seeming like a war mongering boogey man, which I'm not. :read:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
but do not ever , ever disrespect soldiers so openly with contempt when you yourself do not know what they go through each day to protect you and to let you live the life that you have now in peace and prosperity.
m8 you're retarded. The current conflicts that they're involved in have nothing to do with protecting us

by being involved in the current wars that are taking place, we piss off a bunch of batshit insane muslims making them want to kill us, hence if anything jeopardising our security and making things less peaceful.

and prosperous? as in being involved in a war that is costing billions of dollars?

Last edited:

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
Just annex the Middle East and get it over and done with. We all know the US wants teh oilz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)