• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Difficulty of English Ext 2? (1 Viewer)

*Flutterby*

i think that both extension courses are easier then my advanced course. theyre both a more extended workload but in my case theres only 2 of us and its better with one on one time being more available. ex2 is my favourite though cause i can work at my own pace and all that aswell as it being a genre and subject that i wanna study myself

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
in microsoft word:

right click on a word, go to thesaurus

bahah, it's the key to good writing i tell you

HSC
N/A
I love eng ext 2... it's my bludge subject!!! :D:D:D

There's always the temptation when you're writing a short story to be like "oh, I'll write it in the holidays" but what I try to do is I always make sure I have something to show/tell my supervisor each weekly interview- that way I get some progress done lol.

Best wishes!
glitterfairy

life4_rent

Originally posted by billbro
I like openess of Ext 2 but my Ext 1 teacher has repeated tolded me its the same amount of work if not more.
not really.. liek everyone says, u work at ur own pace. =)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by fwuxed
in microsoft word:

right click on a word, go to thesaurus

bahah, it's the key to good writing i tell you

thats true, with my history essays, 90%+ all the time with this key...or u cud always use the shortcut Shift F7!

billbro

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the responses, I'll probably end up giving it a try next year even though I'll get a lowsy teacher but the replies seem overwhelmingly positive.

Also how many of you, actually started you major work before yr 12?

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
I love Ext. 2 - because i am writing about something that i am so passionate about. Composing my major work is one of my most enjoyable subjects that i do.

Ext. 1 is interesting and I love the texts we have to do in crime fiction - The Big Sleep is hillarious and The Skull Beneath the Skin was one of my all time favourite crime books.

As for Advanced, well its a hell of a lot of work but I still really really enjoy it - I loved the unit on Frontline and the unit we are doing now on Hamlet and R & G are dead is fantastic - I absolutely love Hamlet!!

Guess it just depends on what you enjoy doing really.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
well you aren't supposed to start your major work until the end of your preliminary course aren't you?? and if you get caught.... naughty naughty.

ee1 is shit. hate it with a passion. prob cos i got really crap texts. but i love ee2 and i have to keep ee1 to do ee2.... you all know the deal.

work at your own pace, write about something that intrests you and therefore it won't seem like a chore, no matter how bad your teacher is.

billbro

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ujuphleg
well you aren't supposed to start your major work until the end of your preliminary course aren't you?? and if you get caught.... naughty naughty.

ee1 is shit. hate it with a passion. prob cos i got really crap texts. but i love ee2 and i have to keep ee1 to do ee2.... you all know the deal.

work at your own pace, write about something that intrests you and therefore it won't seem like a chore, no matter how bad your teacher is.
Well, my teacher said her students at her previous school actually started formulating their work before yr 12 and while initially their intentions probably weren't Ext 2 it ended up being it. Then again there probably wasn't much of a need since 6000 words isn't great in the course of a year.

Also it would be presumable that a bad teacher would affect how well you perform but atleast she is slightly more experienced then other teachers at my school considering no one has actually completed Ext 2.

Last edited:

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
i think the thing is that ee2 is a very different type of work and doesn't really flow on from your other english work in the way that ee1 does from advanced, its not as much an extension as a completly different sort of assesment/experience.
Personally, it really didn't work for me. I got the mark (47) but for the amount of stress and work that was out in, it just didnt seem to balence out for me. I enjoyed ee1 much more, even though my mark wasn't as good

Sarz

In the clouds.. hiding from my exam prep atm.
Im quite a fan of E2, but i have to say that i really quite dislike E1.. we're doin retreat from da global.. man it sux!! i like the texts.. but theres sumthn about the amount of work, the amount af detail and the amount of time that really isnt working for me :rolleyes:
Advanced is ok.. prolly ranks 2nd fave outta my english..
Over all im guna go with the thing of "id drop ext 1 if it wasnt 4 ext 2.." but thatd mean maths would count ;)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by Sarz
Im quite a fan of E2, but i have to say that i really quite dislike E1.. we're doin retreat from da global.. man it sux!! i like the texts.. but theres sumthn about the amount of work, the amount af detail and the amount of time that really isnt working for me :rolleyes:
Advanced is ok.. prolly ranks 2nd fave outta my english..
Over all im guna go with the thing of "id drop ext 1 if it wasnt 4 ext 2.." but thatd mean maths would count ;)
Everyone that I've spoken to doing ee1 and ee2 all agree that ee2 is way better! lol I think the hardest part about ee2 is writing a draft and it being wrong, or you not being on the right path. Then you start to think, geeez, I just wasted all that time!

aud

HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
Everyone that I've spoken to doing ee1 and ee2 all agree that ee2 is way better! lol I think the hardest part about ee2 is writing a draft and it being wrong, or you not being on the right path. Then you start to think, geeez, I just wasted all that time!
Well, I hate to disagree with everyone... I like EE1 much better than EE2, only because EE2 makes my head hurt trying to just get something written down... EE1 is simple, you just follow the texts and criteria and you're sweet :D

eza_qt

I like advanced english and ee1 a hell of a lot more then ee2...there is just way too much pressure for ee2, a lot more thant the other two englishes. It's also a very difficult task spending so much time on the same work...and no matter how much you liek your topic i find this subject to be very up and down. Another thing i wouldn't recomend anyone do more than one subject with a major work. I mad ethat mistake and man is it too stressful

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
I guess theres ups and downs to both, and i dont think i could choose between the two. I mean, eex1, your being led on wht you should be doing, and seriously, thats not so bad at all. Too much freedom is scary.

But then, eex2 does give you the choice to do what when, and thats always a plus...sorta. So yeah, frankly, i prefer adv, Its so much more fun!

J

jhakka

Originally posted by Enlightened_One
Think of ext 2 as a reward for doing ext 1. It's an easy subject with good scaling, and all you have to do to get there is survive ext 1.
The hardest part of Ext 2 is forcing yourself to work even if nothing's coming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)