Difficult? (1 Viewer)

HorrorOfBeauty

HSC
Am I the only person here who actually struggled with this exam?

I prepared for two weeks, and it seems that nothing that I prepared for was in the exam. There were no ratios, question 27/28 were far to specific and I totally muffed it.

I was expecting to get high eighties for this exam.
Oh well.. Tafe, here I come.

nitnit

HSC
Don't worry!!

I found the exam one of the most difficult HSC exams I have done before. Definitely the extended response questions was challenging!

This forum is not a good indication of the state's average, so I'm sure you did fine!!!

Good luck with the rest of your exams!

Last edited:

Lost Seraph

HSC
Ah... that sucks. I wish you good luck in the rest of your subjects.

I thought Multi Choice (esp. first 5 Qs and Q19) was BS. Does anyone else?

starrysky

HSC
HorrorOfBeauty said:

I prepared for two weeks, and it seems that nothing that I prepared for was in the exam. There were no ratios, question 27/28 were far to specific and I totally muffed it.

Definitely agreed. I studied quite a bit, and I got in there and my confidence went poof. For Question 28 I just talked about the changing nature of markets. Then I got out of the hall at the end, looked in my textbook, found all the social, cultural, legal, economic, etc. factors and literally went *facepalm* *headdoor*.

I can't say I hated that exam - I just found it difficult, is all. I'm not expecting anything higher than 60 for it. Blahfhjkfhffjkaaaafishnuts.

Ah well. Time to concentrate on the next exam. :) Wait, no ... wallowing in crapulence isn't bad for a few hours ... *wallows*

zingerburger

HSC
I'm with you. For me, it was definitely one of the harder Business Studies exams that I've done. I completely misinterpreted the first part Question 28 as well, and I ended up writing about Reasons for Expansion.

I thought Multi Choice (esp. first 5 Qs and Q19) was BS. Does anyone else?
I didn't think it was too bad. I probably feel the most confident about that.

bikapika

HSC
starrysky said:
Definitely agreed. I studied quite a bit, and I got in there and my confidence went poof. For Question 28 I just talked about the changing nature of markets. Then I got out of the hall at the end, looked in my textbook, found all the social, cultural, legal, economic, etc. factors and literally went *facepalm* *headdoor*.

I can't say I hated that exam - I just found it difficult, is all. I'm not expecting anything higher than 60 for it. Blahfhjkfhffjkaaaafishnuts.

Ah well. Time to concentrate on the next exam. :) Wait, no ... wallowing in crapulence isn't bad for a few hours ... *wallows*
I think you did correct for the external FACTORS.

since legal/social and all that are "SPECIFIC INFLUENCEs", not necessarily EXTERNAL FACTORS/SOURCES

in addition, even if u link all the management's external factors/sources of influences to a global business, eventually you are talking about the same thing as the global business' specific influences, which will give u marks since the marketing critieria will never SPECIFY that you need to follow the syllubus' structure.

Mr-X

HSC
I found the test quite easy. Lucky the last thing I read the night before the exam was ethical issues related with globalisation :p Mananged to finish the multiple choice and short response in an hour and spent around 1.5 hours on my report and essay.

What I will struggle in however is the Chmeistry exam, no matter how easy it is, I'll probably only manage a band 2 for the exam and that's the aligned mark.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
zingerburger said:
I'm with you. For me, it was definitely one of the harder Business Studies exams that I've done. I completely misinterpreted the first part Question 28 as well, and I ended up writing about Reasons for Expansion.

I didn't think it was too bad. I probably feel the most confident about that.
dw man tehres quite a bunch taht i know of that misinterpreted as well, including myself...

chupabum

HSC
i thought the exam was easy nd straight foward if u knew ur syllabus very well :) overall im happy, just kinda weirded out why there werent any calculatiion.

kirra811

HSC
i agree.
i was really struggling with it.
i focused on different parts of the syllabus when i was studying.. so had no idea for both extended responses.
so much harder than the trials.

HorrorOfBeauty

HSC
Out of everyone in my business class, only one person feels really confident.
We focused mainly on other aspects of the syllabus, suh as methods of expansion, ratio's, ect..

Oh well.. I'm sure everything will work out okay =)
Good luck with the rest of your exams everyone

sy24

HSC
N/A
HorrorofBeauty I feel exactly the same way. I studied for like two weeks, got to the exam and BOOM! didn't know anything....omg the extended response was so ridiculous....my response was soooo short...and for the report I didn't study cash flow management so that was screwed...and for multiple choice I calculated I got 16/20 I think from what everyone else has been saying about the answers...which is the only decent section for me...so don't worry, I feel the same way!

SouthernOwen

HSC
definitely the hardest one, SA was harder than previous ones, extended response was hard coz i didnt prepare global well T.T but easy in mutiple choice.

RYZ4OG

HSC
hi 5 to that. i sweari studieddd so muchhh for this exam, i studied everythingi was told to, and yet 40% of what i studied was in the exam, the long response i stuffed up like that other dude, i spoke abou the enviroemtn, went to my book after and foud out i was far from the correct answer :( but ohh well its done now, i think we should just forget about uni and look forward to tafe, not so bad lol but yee goodluck in the rest of the examssssss ;)

twenty4

HSC
nah i thought tha this exam was really easy, like it was easier than my trials and i did study alot. i come first in business studiess this year so that probs why i thought it was easy. bu yeh i reckon it was the easiest text ihave ever done in relation to business studies.

HorrorOfBeauty

HSC
I came first in business too.. I really wanted this to carry my UAI.. Oh well, Lets hope Legal/Ancient will do that.

HSC
HorrorOfBeauty said:

You're not alone. I hated this one... hopefully the other subjects will help the mark. :D

Adam.Meads

HSC
twenty4 said:
nah i thought tha this exam was really easy, like it was easier than my trials and i did study alot. i come first in business studiess this year so that probs why i thought it was easy. bu yeh i reckon it was the easiest text ihave ever done in relation to business studies.
Yet you can't manage to type or spell very well? Thats all the qualifications of a doctor, not a businessman. Joking joking =]

I don't know how you managed to find it easy though. I thought it was harder than all previous HSC Business Studies Papers.

My assessment mark was around 85, and I'm estimating 76% or so for this exam. But some people managed to find it easy... At risk of sounding like a conformist, Section IV really stuffed me up.

I chose Q27 over Q28, but I had equally small knowledge on each of them :)

wangurflapper88

wishforwings
HSC
in my opinion i found the exam pretty easy, in saying that iwas lucky to have guessed that the extended responses would have a flavour of business management and change and global from looking at previous HSC exams. I thought in the exam that a lot of people would have confused sources of change with specific influences which is due to the tricky wording of the questions. I guess they might have been trying to throw people who have memorised the syllabus off?

I failed to see the reason for a 6 mark and a 2 mark question on perspectives on industrial conflict which is only a small part of the syllabus and in my text book takes up a whole 5 lines each.

anyways i hope that everyone goes quite well and gets the exam mark they need

good luck guys

jorismathijsen

HSC
I was very happy with the exam! I thought it was really a fair test and there was nothing 2 difficult! Both the extended responses were pretty easy and it was good that they were specefic! All u needed was to no the syllabus! The hardest part were the multi and i think after going through them i only lost 1 mark! If i get any less than 90 i would be disappointed! That was teh general opinion through out most of my skool as well!

Cheers Jay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)