Difficult Decision... (1 Viewer)

cxlxoxk

HSC
B Arts / M(aster) in Teaching (Primary) - UWS

or

B Arts/ Dip(loma) in Education (i'm going for primary) - Macquarie University

Aren't Diplomas offered at Tafe??? So that Education degree would be as bad as Tafe??? (the Arts part is normal though :S)

I want people's opinion:

A more prestigious uni (Macquarie) offering a B Arts, and minimal Education degree (just enough to get a job).

OR

A looked-down upon uni (U Went Shit - UWS) offering B Arts, and a Master in Teaching, a decent education degree.

bryandawn

HSC
N/A
I suppose the MQ diploma means a graduate diploma. I guess both could land you a teaching job, so, why not go for MQ. You are in a lesser dilemma than me. Yeah, if both degrees are similar, go for the "better" uni.

xJaix

HSC
The UWS one sounds slightly better in the UAC 09 Guide with reference to 'career opportunities'

BTW I turned down financial advising at UWS to go for B Arts at Macquarie so that I could transfer into Applied Finance OR Commerce at Macq :D

cxlxoxk

HSC
The UWS one sounds slightly better in the UAC 09 Guide with reference to 'career opportunities'

BTW I turned down financial advising at UWS to go for B Arts at Macquarie so that I could transfer into Applied Finance OR Commerce at Macq :D
yeah exactly why i left choosing macq until like beginning of 09, i didn't know if it meant i could get a job, but some people told me i could get a job with it, and 1 person said this in this thread...

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I'd decide on the smaller travelling time.

Basically.

Dip Eds are fine btw.

cxlxoxk

HSC
I'd decide on the smaller travelling time.

Basically.

Dip Eds are fine btw.
for me macq would be like half an hour i dunno, and uws took me 2 and a half hours going a longer path (i think there was a shorter way, but i picked the wrong one, when i first went to ask questions).

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
for me macq would be like half an hour i dunno, and uws took me 2 and a half hours going a longer path (i think there was a shorter way, but i picked the wrong one, when i first went to ask questions).
go to macq

30 mins or less = fucking fantastic.

you will regret travelling 1.5 hours + every day for the rest of your uni life. uws also has no campus life so its not even worth it travelling that far.

lou071

HSC
N/A
B Arts / M(aster) in Teaching (Primary) - UWS

or

B Arts/ Dip(loma) in Education (i'm going for primary) - Macquarie University

Aren't Diplomas offered at Tafe??? So that Education degree would be as bad as Tafe??? (the Arts part is normal though :S)

I want people's opinion:

A more prestigious uni (Macquarie) offering a B Arts, and minimal Education degree (just enough to get a job).

OR

A looked-down upon uni (U Went Shit - UWS) offering B Arts, and a Master in Teaching, a decent education degree.
if i were you, i would go to mq. it has good reputation for teaching

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
go to whichever on suits you most, look at graduate employment figures etc. & make an informed decision for yourself.

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
I placed MQ as an option as well. I heard B Arts/M teaching at UWS has a poor reputation and i agree that MQ is a great uni for teaching. If you have issues with Diploma of education, well then you can complete the arts degree at MQ and transfer to complete the M of Teaching at UWS - that's what i was planning to do and may still do once i finish Arts at Syd (still considering, i hope to complete honours, so we'll see how it goes). It's a big decision, but take your time; take the first leap and let things fall into place. Goodluck!

cxlxoxk

HSC
I didn't even get a USB stick :(

doesn't matter though, i already have like 3 mp3 players that can be used for that, and a usb stick previously purchased :)

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
obviously you are as stupid as i thought you were if you can't decide this for yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)