Different READINGS?!?! (1 Viewer)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I one of threads I was just reading, Vally stated that there were different readings of BNW...feminist etc.

Do we need to know this? Cause I didn't cover it in class...only thing I did readings for was Module B: Critical Study King Lear. I mean for a COMPARATIVE study of TEXTS AND CONTEXTS surely different readings aren't of central importance are they??

Could someone shed some light on this? :confused:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
you dont need to do readings like for module b, but in finding similarities between texts you might see feminism evident in both or something so you might mention it was part of the contexts

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
exactly right - its not a critical part of the module, but IF it fits in with what you are saying and won;t take more than a line or two to write about, putting it in will show that you understand the context, have done wider reading, and are able to apply criticla theory without being taught it. in other words, just naturally brilliant. although most of the marks are accoutned for, there is still a certain aspect that is impression marking - ie. this is an A grade response, but is it worth a 19 or a 20? the putting in of stuff like this will help them go, well, this one's definately a 20. however, don;t put it in if you can;t explain it and its relevance in 1-2 sentences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)