Difference between CHARACTER and NATURE? (1 Viewer)

emilee555

HSC
What is meant by the terms CHARACTER and NATURE
and what is the difference between these words?

Most people seem to just blend the words together, but the urban places essay question in 2006 geo hsc was 'Contrast the nature, character and spatial distribution of world cities with mega cities in the developing world.' The comments from the mark centre indicated that many students were unable to distinguish between the terms 'character' and 'nature'.

help :/

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i think
character = what is it and nature = how it has come to be and its importance. So character is like W/C have resulted from globalisation and their nature is what is about them like they are major tourist attractions and economic centres

expertdkx

B.IT Network Security
HSC
Uni Grad
Contrast the nature, character and spatial distribution of world cities with mega cities in the developing world.

=
wat does mega cities have and wat does world cities have that mega cities dont have vice versa = nature
i.e. mega cities: population exceeding 20mil.
world cities: economic importance, cultural importance etc....

characteristic:
what does world cities function in and what mega cities funtion with
ie.
world cities: large tncs, financial stability

mega cities: urban proverty = poor

kbsb

HSC
i think
character = what is it and nature = how it has come to be and its importance. So character is like W/C have resulted from globalisation and their nature is what is about them like they are major tourist attractions and economic centres
i thinku just contradicted yourself

toetoe

HSC
I remember by remembering examples
Character --> Characteristics --> what it looks like
e.g. World cities - classy hotels, transport hubs, tourist attractions, financial centers (e.g. wall street)
Mega cities - shanty towns, market places, polluted, etc

Nature --> overview of the city; things like importance, and demographics...
e.g. World Cities - important at global level; sometimes megalopolises; command & control centers
Mega cities - Primacy in their country, rapid growth (r-u migration & natural increase), dependant cities on a world scale...

:) hope that helps?

Rudroll

A Chicken in my Bag!
HSC
I remember by remembering examples
Character --> Characteristics --> what it looks like
e.g. World cities - classy hotels, transport hubs, tourist attractions, financial centers (e.g. wall street)
Mega cities - shanty towns, market places, polluted, etc

Nature --> overview of the city; things like importance, and demographics...
e.g. World Cities - important at global level; sometimes megalopolises; command & control centers
Mega cities - Primacy in their country, rapid growth (r-u migration & natural increase), dependant cities on a world scale...

:) hope that helps?
Yeah that's good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)