Did you study in the Summer holidays? (1 Viewer)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Okay seriously...you do not need to do a LOT...just go through stuff..once or twice a week. I didnt do much at all...and OMG people keep saying "last holiday till end of hsc". In my view this is soo untrue. My half yearly exams ended just before the easter holidays and i did nothing all holidays. July holidays..barely anything...and im doing pretty okay - why? cause there are PLENTY of school days /weekends. Its up to how much you think you need to do. Good luck
Regardless of whether you actually do, or need to, study in the later holidays, there's always more pressure to study than there is over the summer holidays. I know I didn't study very much during the remaining holidays either, but I felt more pressure on me to do so.

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
Dude, you plan to have one major work finished and the other half finished by January? These things take time! I really urge you to re-think rushing through your PIP, the best ideas only come after months of research and consideration.
I agree completely. I spent the Christmas holidays just brainstorming ideas for my PIP and I can say there were many. The meaningful research and conclusions can only really be reached after months of research. I personally spent half the time analysing and making conclusions from my primary and secondary sources. The actual writing of the PIP is quite an overwhelming task if you do not have an abundance of primary and secondary material.

-Onlooker-

HSC
Awesome :) I've got two majors to be working on, VA and EEII, so I'll try to get a head start on those, but I'll take it easy.

I've read most of my related text for english already, (did it last holidays :p). If I have time left over (HA!) I'll attempt to summarise sciences, but so far I've been pretty consistent with keeping my notes up to date, so I should be ok with that.

Thanks guys, it's good to hear what people actually did. Makes me feel a lot better.

for Chemistry and Biology, Download the summary notes by Ahmad Shah Idil in the resource section and give them a read. It'll give you a scope on the entire course which is extremely good for you.

EE2: DEFINATELY start and if possible finish your MW, because im telling you; time will screw you + theres nothing the teachers do in ee2 other than give you advice so go for it. Get atleast 50% of it done.

as for VA, bad subject choice :(

get ahead!

-Onlooker-

HSC
Regardless of whether you actually do, or need to, study in the later holidays, there's always more pressure to study than there is over the summer holidays. I know I didn't study very much during the remaining holidays either, but I felt more pressure on me to do so.
this is not on topic, but i reckon you're amazing for doing hsc over bloody 6 years

daryl-d

HSC
i did and i dont regret it
just pace yourself
+1

i finished the mathematics and extension courses + all the past apers from last 20 years.... took so much pressure off coz half yearlies are at the end of the 2nd term...........

sannous1

HSC
i didnt study, but i used to feel guilty so i just wrote my notes for legal and pd which didnt take me long . but eh up to u

Raihana92

HSC
Set out a balanced timetable mixing holiday homework (such as reserach for 4u eng-this time is priceless, math revision etc) make sure you take regular breaks but dont slack off-once year 12 starts its just Go go go-if you have weaknesses in any area, work on them in these weeks-it could save you a lot of time.
Also, if you make sure you start all your notes, do some essays, and of course work on the planning/research/writing stage of your major work-it could be your savior once term 2 begins.
its worth working in these holidays-stay healthy but use your time wisely:sun:

Mitchell_man

HSC
Hmm...I didn't really do heaps of study, you really do want to be relaxed before you go back to the term. But I did Extension 2 English, and by the end of the holidays I'd got the first draft of my major work done, which, in hindsight, was the best decision I made all year - everyone else ended up rushed for time, with different major work stuff clashing with assessments and that, whereas I only had to do little bits and pieces sporadically through the year. Still, it's really a personal decision, if you think you need the study to achieve what you want to achieve, then go for it I s'pose.

danielle..

is awesome.
HSC
i didn't but i really really really started to regret it over the next few months when the workload got heavier. it's better to get into a good habit over the holidays of getting all of your stuff in order so that when the july holidays before trials come around you aren't stressing so much.

atm1991

HSC
Ok, so I'm just starting year 12,

:cold:

and I am looking for advice from 09'ers. In summer holidays of year 12, did you study, did you learn ahead, did you do your major works? I know everyone says they're going to, but does it happen?

Tell me what you did, and if it benefited you :D I'd like to get an idea.
I didn't do much but probably should have. Try and get ahead with your notes, read all texts you will need throughout the year, so at least you're familiar with them. But at the same time, rest up well, because you will need to be fresh when you come back after the holidays.

Best of luck :)

Liyo

HSC
no, i had a holiday as it as the last proper holiday u'll get in school years...
i agree ><
i did a bit of studying, just making notes on what I had done in the first term of year 12 then i went out. :p
enjoy the holiday!!

HSC
Dude, you plan to have one major work finished and the other half finished by January? These things take time! I really urge you to re-think rushing through your PIP, the best ideas only come after months of research and consideration.
I am don't worry :)

my IRP is due on the first of feb and i have got most of my information collected, i just got to work on the proposal and shiz :rofl:

Brontozaurus

HSC
I didn't study, although I worked on my History Extension major work research and draft. Unless you're really into English, I don't think you can really make a start on the texts, because the willpower will likely not be there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)