Did the teacher teach? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soso

HSC
N/A
I have a friend who sat HSC last year. Her extension history class got 9 band 1's and 3 band 2's. Some students were told they were brilliant. First in the assessment schedule got a band 1.

A student has made a written complaint.

Who should he see. Is there anyone who helps students in this position. Is there anyone you can recommend who is a solicitor who handles these cases.

Student missed out on a HECS place as a result.

is a roflcopter
HSC
on what grounds are you complaining about?

complaining after the fact always sounds dodgy

soso

HSC
N/A
Student feels the teacher told him he was doing very well. Band 1 means he didn't meet any of the outcomes. If student knew things were bad he could have sought extra help.

I dont really want to go in to detail I need to find someone who can help. Put it this way

Pretend someone didn't teach properly. Pretend the student was demonstrably disadvantaged. Pretend a written complaint was made.

WHo would you go to next? Who knows what kind of solicitor you would go to? Anyone know anyone who has taken action? What happened?

If shy email me privately with your thoughts on the pretend situation

soso

HSC
N/A
He still needs help. Have not had anyone recommended yet

Please help.

soso

HSC
N/A
Well if Icould get some help rather than criticism it could go away. No complaints were made because the teacher said everything was great and sadly was believed.

Its not what happened but what would you do if it did happen. Also do you know any case where it did happen and what did they do

If you can't help at the very least save your criticisms for another day. He who misses on a hecs place today gets to pay 25% more in 2005

All other subjects were fine, not a surprise, matched school assessment very closely etc etc nothing unusual

Students trust their teachers to be accurate in what they say.

What is needed here is help with what to do next.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i wasnt criticising, but this topic has gone through like 5 pages already. thats all

also, are u just making up this "she" but really its you? im not accusing (well not really anway :p) im just curious

soso

HSC
N/A
no not me. I keep trying because I can't get any realistic advice.
It happened. Headmaster has acknowledged it happened.

These people dont know what to do. They have sufferred a financial loss where HECS is concerned Uni was delayed a year. They need help. Not well versed in this type of problem.

I thought I could get some help for them here. Was I wrong?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
did u go back and read through laz's responses last time. ill stop replying here cos i dont much about these legal matters

realistic advice? i saw plenty of realistic advices in the other thread. anyway, this is it from me. good luck to ur friend :)

soso

HSC
N/A
Thanks, it is going to be a lonely journey for them

soso

HSC
N/A
This is what happens.

You make a formal written complaint to area office. If you ask for compensation the matter goes to a departmental solicitor who investigates the truth of the complaint. The solicitor reports to the department who then contacts contacts the complainent.

The solicitor acts on the behalf of the dept of det. The complainent is not part of the investigation

We know this much now. It may help someone else

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
lmfao,

sounds like the prick should stop blaming others for his fuck ups and take some more accountability for himself.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
did the student get band six feedback from the teacger or were they just told they were brilliant. how can a person who has gotten band six feedback for assessments done during the yr end up with band 1!? something is missing...

also, i only just read through ur replies again "soso" and u mentioned that u dont even want to go into detail and ur only going to go through hypothetical situaitons. what is ur freind doing about this exactly?

soso

HSC
N/A
Friend has made a complaint. Extension subjects only have 4 bands.

Student told he was briliant, parent told child was brilliant. Parent had no experience with history. THought teacher knew best. Student is top of assessment schedule.

Other students told they were brilliant. 80% of class receives band 1 20% receives band 2, no 3's and no 4s. Students receive higher marks in other extension subjects. Worst resulkt for all students

I think this is what happenned

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
ohhhhhhhhh i remember this topic!! back again? :confused:
i remember this as well

and i don't know anything about what should be done in this situation

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by soso
Friend has made a complaint. Extension subjects only have 4 bands.

Student told he was briliant, parent told child was brilliant. Parent had no experience with history. THought teacher knew best. Student is top of assessment schedule.

Other students told they were brilliant. 80% of class receives band 1 20% receives band 2, no 3's and no 4s. Students receive higher marks in other extension subjects. Worst resulkt for all students

I think this is what happenned
oops, i meant band 4 (i do ext hist too).
anyway, u still havent answered my question. u have only said brilliant. technically, u can top a class with 50% and be "brilliant" cos u came 1st. u keep repeating the same thing and don't seem too sure about the details urself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)