did anyone get into med/sci combined degree? (1 Viewer)

big penguin

HSC
it just seemed so mysterious

i attempted looking in the paper, but i realised it

might take a while to find 15 - 20 names out of 57 000!

nit

HSC
haha yeh, I got in...did you, big penguin?

Edit: yeh, it was hard searching for names...I gave up at about "F"

nit

HSC
well basically you needed a uai of 99.95 or 100. You needed strong science marks and/or me2 marks and a band 6 in english in the hsc. Other requirements were as for TSP. Then 29 people were interviewed and 10(?) chosen.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yeah, but you need to be the top to be able to do the course, its gonna be frickin hard mto keep up a distinction (?) average in advanced sci. Anyways, congrats nit, i am in awe!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Mambomeg said:
yeah, but you need to be the top to be able to do the course, its gonna be frickin hard mto keep up a distinction (?) average in advanced sci. Anyways, congrats nit, i am in awe!
You manage 99.95+ a D avg isn't gonna be that hard though if you work at it, right?

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
wrx said:
whats the point of the combined med degree (hope im not missing the point). Cant you just do the adv science then med postgrad?
bragging rights? its got a different name?
easier to get into GRAD med from this degree, so less stress, also considering the 10 ppl chosen all got 99.95 and over, they should be able to top adv sci in the subjects they do

D avg isn't too hard, for someone who got 99.95-100 they'll get a HD avg for sure. as long as they put in the effort of course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)