Did Anyone Get Confused By The Wording Of The Time Dilation Question (1 Viewer)

dieselboi

.. Q. DADADADADADA.... THE GUY ON THE SHIP MEASURED IT AS 10..... AN OBSERVER ON EARTH ALSO HAD A CLOCK. WHAT IS THE MEASURED TIME AS SEEN ON THE SHIP??

WTF?

I THINK IT WAS MULTI CHOICE. BUT IT CONFUSED ME!!!!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
ohhhhh dat....... i wasnt' sure..... was the answer d??

smeyo

yeah i went back and was undure but left it as d just incase cause dont both see each other as time going quicker.... wasnt realy sure so left it at first choice

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
D was 16.7 or something like that. It looked like a trick q. but I hope it wasn't coz I put d.

Takuya

Banned
A blazing inferno of blood and despair...
I initially substituted the wrong t values for stationary and moving t and received 8 or something...

Then I checked it and saw that it should be 16.67 (or something like that), because time goes slower on the space shuttle.

dieselboi

YEAH I THINK I WENT " OH YEAH YOU TRICKY BASTARDS, IM NOT GONNA FALL FOR THAT" SO I WENT FO 10. SHIT AYE!... OH WELL JUST ONE MARK.
THE LAST QUESTION WAS BAD

DC10

would be funny if the question was ambiguous.... :apig:

anyhow. i put D. i just realised after the exam it COULD be B - suppose B is the twin paradox? - the 'twin' on earth argues he's younger and the 'twin' on the spaceship also argues that he's young? something like that?:rolleyes: :mad: :mad1: yes. blame it ALL on the BoS!:mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

Bannanafish

HSC
people it is B!!!!!
can't be D

from the perspective of the astronaut the earth is moving, clock on earth must run slow therefore <10!!!!

dieselboi

'Why let the HSC fuck you up? aint it better to fuck the HSC yourself?'
HAHAHAHAHA DC10 I LOVE THAT QUOTE!

YEAH WELL LETS HOPE THEY WE'RE THE SAME SORT OF DICKHEADS THAT MADE THE 2U MATHS EXAM! MAYBE SUBCONSCIOUSLY I WAS THINKING IN DA BACK OF MY MIND HEY THESE GUYS ARE NOBS, THEY WOULD STAB US IN DA BACK LIKE WHAT THEY DID IN MATHS....

dieselboi

HEHEHEHE

Originally posted by Bannanafish
people it is B!!!!!
can't be D

from the perspective of the astronaut the earth is moving, clock on earth must run slow therefore <10!!!!

HEY MAN I JUST THOUGHT, HOW FUNNY WOULD IT BE IF WE GOT TOP MARKS FOR IT!! AND EVERYONE ELSE FKED IT UP!
YAY FOR US, EVEN THOUGH WE PROB GOT IT WRONG!

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
hmm i put d.. my logic was... (To) equaled 10 yrs..becuase thats what he meaured on his ship...
and with all thew working out..i got the 17.6 nswer (d)

hmm.. confusing... but meh probs got it wrong..one of only ones but..that exam was easy!!

Bannanafish

HSC
Re: HEHEHEHE

Originally posted by dieselboi
HEY MAN I JUST THOUGHT, HOW FUNNY WOULD IT BE IF WE GOT TOP MARKS FOR IT!! AND EVERYONE ELSE FKED IT UP!
YAY FOR US, EVEN THOUGH WE PROB GOT IT WRONG!
not exacly... i put d but i know thats wrong now...

new1

i also put D
i was wondering if it was 6, but as he travels away, relative to the space ship, the earth is travelling away from it. That means that each would see the other as 16.7

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Originally posted by DC10
anyhow. i put D. i just realised after the exam it COULD be B - suppose B is the twin paradox? - the 'twin' on earth argues he's younger and the 'twin' on the spaceship also argues that he's young? something like that?
Yay, someone else thought of that! That was my reasoning... I thought that the earth isn't really moving, only the spaceship is, and therefore the clock on earth must be slower. It only looks like it is moving from the astronaut's perspective but really it isn't.

However I thought that this supported the answer being D...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)