Did anyone else think that exam was hard? (1 Viewer)

Beege

HSC
What did everyone put for that scenario? I talked about some virus that changes the memory address when u open up a new email and it causes the computer to crash and you lose that new email.

Tsuska

HSC
Never did any of the past papers. Don't really care about this subject...lol

So i have no idea if this exam was hard or not. I just did it as usual =P

(well it's my exta 2U)

Mooju

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
I'd like to see the scientific studies done to prove this point of yours.
ROFLMAO remember that documentary on michael jackson a while back??? you struck me as his type is all but anywho ^^ +

here buddy
" Money really doesn't buy happiness, study finds
Feb 13 12:19 PM US/Eastern

Money doesn't buy happiness, and now there's a study to prove it. Australian researchers found that people in well-off Sydney are among the most miserable in the country, while those in some of the poorest areas are much more satisfied with their lives.

"Only at very, very high levels does money actually have any impact to act as a buffer," said Deakin University researcher Liz Eckerman.

"Money doesn't actually buy happiness and that's what was shown very clearly for the nearly 23,000 people we've interviewed so far," she told ABC radio.

The findings, collated since 2001, show that while there are no extremes of well-being in Australia, the happiest areas had a lower population, more people aged 55 or over, more women, more married people and less income inequality.

The survey assessed a person's satisfaction with their standard of living, health, relationships, life achievement, safety, community connection and future security.

Robert Cummins, a professor of psychology at Deakin who compiled the survey's scorecard, put the difference down to the higher cost of housing and high population density in cities.

"People in these rural electorates often have the advantage of additional disposable income since the cost of living, particularly housing, tends to be reduced outside the cities," he told The Australian newspaper.

Of the 150 national electorates surveyed, one of the nation's poorest, Wide Bay in rural Queensland, was among the happiest. "

it was pretty easy to find too http://newsmine.org/archive/nature-health/society/rich-people-are-the-most-miserable-says-study.txt

djh89

HSC
Beege said:
What did everyone put for that scenario? I talked about some virus that changes the memory address when u open up a new email and it causes the computer to crash and you lose that new email.
A program that directs word-processors to close the current document when other standard functions are used (i.e. bold is clicked) thus wiping out the document if it has not been saved. I think this is the sort of thing the question was asking for, no?

live.fast

HSC
N/A
djh89 said:
A program that directs word-processors to close the current document when other standard functions are used (i.e. bold is clicked) thus wiping out the document if it has not been saved. I think this is the sort of thing the question was asking for, no?
what about the aeiral photograph thing? where did that come into it?
???

HSC
Mooju said:
ROFLMAO remember that documentary on michael jackson a while back??? you struck me as his type is all but anywho ^^ +

here buddy
" Money really doesn't buy happiness, study finds
Feb 13 12:19 PM US/Eastern
1. That is totally different to the claim you made,

"ppl who make LOADS of money ... and i mean LOADS OFTEN are compensating for something they have very little of......"

2. Whether money makes one happy or not, depends purely on the individual.

Beege said:
I said that there could be variables which should have changed state but didn't, in the form of CPU registers containing old info.
I said that sanitizing functions could have existed between X and Y.

And so, I said that hackers could write specific codes for websites which would exploit this, through injecting specific data which then as a lack of the instructions between X and Y could be harmful. I said that it could crash the browser, cause the hacker to obtain cookies, saved passwords, cause the hacker to take control of the computer possibly, if the browser is IE, since it's so closely integrated into windows.

I said a lot of other similar and related stuff, but I can't remember it in full, I wrote a lot, and that (above) were my main points / the ones I mostly talked about.

live.fast said:
???
In regards to that I wrote,

To say the least, I doubt that the user is going to get his or her aerial photograph of the school.
After wiring about 2 pages about what could happen lol.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
I accelerated SDD but dropped HSC SDD in year 11 (mainly because the pseudocode shit.. real language plz). in retrospect i shouldn't have dropped it, but i was naive about the hsc and its strange ways back then

Also to all the jerks in this thread who are going to do an IT or BusinessIT course -- use your brain. Contribute to society. Do engineering or CompSc. Jerkz.

Last edited:

djh89

HSC
live.fast said:
???
You weren't asked to talk about the photograph. You were asked to talk about the error, how the unintentional (or unpredictable) changing of the content of the program counter could be used to create a malicious program.

Tsuska

HSC
A High Way Man said:
I accelerated SDD but dropped HSC SDD in year 11 (mainly because the pseudocode shit.. real language plz). in retrospect i shouldn't have dropped it, but i was naive about the hsc and its strange ways back then

Also to all the jerks in this thread who are going to do an IT or BusinessIT course -- use your brain. Contribute to society. Do engineering or CompSc. Jerkz.
Harsh....although i'm not going to do IT or BusinessIT.

But i do think that ur comment was totally irrelevant...

How er about every do Medicine. After all we are low in doctors here in Australia. I mean 1/4 of the doctors are trained overseas. And we still don't have enough doctors.

Oh wait. That's because the government 'pays' for medicals and hospitals. Oh that's right...voting on 24th of November. So is it Labour or Liberal? I'm not gonna make comments about either party... the walls have ears...the firewalls have ears too =P

Hmm and it's bloody annoying to get into medicine...I vant, I vant...but I cbb to try =P

Like a chinese saying goes: Boat to harbour, automatically straight =P

(hahaha horrible translation)

Remember: Contribute to Society. Sell your soul to the devil. (no this is NOT Unionist Propaganda...)

Do engineering (go to UTS or UNSW), Do CompSc (go to UOW: they need more students)

IT support Desk: where people don't know anything about computers direct you to people who do. 1st year, $50k at fairfax digital sydney (haha...lol)

Spik3balloon

HSC
Whew, glad that's finally over. (accelerators unite!)

Eh, it was alright. I think I did pretty well overall (nothing wrong in MC), but a few questions had me stumped. (damn abstraction)

Nunz23

HSC
YES...i definitely thought the exam was hard. But like just because the way it was set out was different to every other year. And im pretty sure there was a mistake in one of the algorithms.

crazymunchkin

HSC
For those of you who don't actually know anything about the HSC beyond the exams... Don't believe what has been said in this thread. The scaling of an individual subject is impossible to determine before the exam has been completed and the marks aggregated. When someone says a subject scales well or not, they mean in the previous years that is the trend which has been followed. Previous years could be smarter, stupider, or taken a different combination of courses - And this is most likely the case.

So no you don't have to have scored a raw mark of 95+ in software design to get a band 6. Trends do show that you must perform well in your assessment ranking, combined with an examination mark above 85 to be considered for top bands.

Also, the HSC Software examinations must consist of 20% algorithms and 80% theory. Therefore if you actually look over your paper, there was the same amount of algorithms as in previous years, they were just more abundant in multiple choice and worded differently in short answer, requiring you to interpret their meaning, not write algorithms of your own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)