Dialogue (1 Viewer)

Antwan23q

God
HSC
what poems are you doing for bruce dawe, what are your related texts
Im doing Weapons Training, A Pleasant Sunday Afternoon, Up the Wall with my related texts the final court scene from A Few Good Men and the first eppisode of Frasier

Maldini

HSC
This module i know the least about so im a little worried.

How many poems do we have to choose from Bruce Dawe?

pommy

HSC
i got told we only need to so i chose weapons training and bedroom convosation and my other texts are strictly ballroom the script write. Does anyone have and more other texts i can have please!!!!

coenenr

HSC
Dw, im rooted for this section too, but mostly as i have a speech due tomorrow on how a bruce dawe poem and a selected text explore the notion of dialogue. But yays, its my last ever assesment!!!:ninja: :burn:

My second text is the final scence from the film Fight Club. (awesome movie btw)

Its a good example of dysfunctional dialogue, but i wont ruin the film by saying why.

NB:If you havent already seen it, this will make no sense and ruin the movie

JACK
I'm begging you, don't do this.
TYLER
I'm not doing this. We are doing this. This is what we want.
JACK
No, I don't want this.
TYLER
Right, except "you", is meaningless now. We have to forget about you.
JACK
Jesus, you're a voice in my head.
TYLER
You're a voice in mine!
JACK
You're a fucking hallucination, why I can't get rid of you?
TYLER
You need me.
JACK
No, I don't. I really don't anymore--
TYLER
--Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make my self feel better. Take some responsibility.
JACK
I do. I am responsible for all of it and I accept that. So, please, I'm begging you, please call this off.
TYLER
Have I ever let us down? How far you come because of me?...I will bring us through this. As always, I will carry you kicking and screaming and in the end, you'll thank me.
JACK
Tyler, I'm grateful to you, for everything you've done for me. But this is too much. I don't want this.
TYLER
What do you want?! Wanna go back to the shit job, fucking condo world, watching sitcoms? Fuck you! I don't do it.
JACK
This can't be happening.
TYLER
It's already done, so shut up. Sixty seconds, can you see alright?
JACK
I can figure this out. I can figure this out. This is not for real. The gun is not even in your hand. The gun's in my hand.
The gun DISAPPEARS from Tyler's hand and APPEARS in Jack's.
TYLER
Hey, good for you, it doesn't change a thing.
Jack stares at the gun a long time...Jack brings the gun up, PUTS THE GUN ON HIS LOWER JAW. Tyler cocks his head.
TYLER
Why do you want to put a gun in your head?
JACK
Not my head, Tyler. Our head.
TYLER
Interesting. What are you going to do with this IKEA-boy? Hey, it's you and me...
(pause)
Friends?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)