Dial-Up Problem (1 Viewer)

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
Hey guys, one of my mates has been having this re-occuring problem with his dial up connection.
He is connected with Optus, and everytime he connects to the internet, his phone line becomes blocked and it says he is connected normally, however, no sites will load up at all, and nothing internet related works...ie msn...
He seems certain that this problem is due to a virus, becuase he has contaced his ISP on several occasions and they have reset and changed his settings heaps of times, yet it remains stuffed up.....whereas i believe that its still something to do with his settings...

So can someone please help us out to find out whats causing this issue?....Thanks for any help

Ninga

HSC
Is he running a firewall? I've found my nortons internet security used to block all the incoming traffic cos it was a gay fucker. Seriously, if he is running a firewall, or has some anti virus programs which may block and filter incoming traffic, tell him to try and turn down those settings and stuff might begin to work. Good luck.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Also if you can ever get access to the internet, run the trendmicro housecall virus checking thingy. i highly recommend that if he doesn't have an up to date virus scanner.. and even if he does :)

fatmuscle

HSC
maybe before all that, you should take a step backwards.

has your friend talked to a knowledgable person within the ISP?
one that knows how to setup a dial up connection off by heart?

some other things to check/play with are: IP configurations, post dial terminal, proxy

for internet related issues, it's a good thing to see if they're getting a proper IP address etc. once 'connected' and see if DNS resolves names.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)