Diagnostic Radiography vs. Radiation Therapy (1 Viewer)

sabdow

HSC
melimoo said:
wow, same dilemma. i kinda want to do radiation therapy because i figure its more interactive with people, but i get the impression that there's not as many jobs avaliable for that as diag. radiography. yeah, i do bio & 3u maths. apparently for diag radio you need to know alot of bio ( was talking to a clinical placement guy whilst doing work exp)

i kinda found radiography boring though. x-ray after x-ray
The Uni Preq. says Chemistry and Physics required for 2006/2007

There were 3 different branches for Radiography. The highest I think was an U.A.I. at about 87 that was required to do the course.

My good mate's brother is a Radiographer. He is the laziest person in the world, seriously. I won't go into details but it runs in the kids, the lazy gene. He works at Napean hospital because they have better doctor working conditions than at most other hospitals (e.g Westmead hospital). He get's slapped with $80,000 salary at 24/25 years old.

Napean, I think, had better working conditions because they do not like to stress out the doctors too much with overnight shifts. In 3 separate, individual months, he had to work one day from 8 till 5 (not sure on exact time), and then work from 7pm to 5am in the morning, and then work from 8pm till 5pm again. This was because of unexpected hospital calls and urgent needs.

For Diagnostic Radiography, you only need take 3 years at university, and the last year forces you to work as practice.

Check out this search for more information on jobs and working conditions;

http://www.seek.com.au/jobsearch/in...atindustry=1211&catoccupation=1493&sortmode=1

Finally, I don't think Radiography is too boring because;

1. It's in demand
2. You get a great salary
3. You don't have to live in the hospital. Just do your relaxing job, try to have fun and then get out and enjoy your real life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)