Diagnostic Radiography, 1st year (1 Viewer)

batigol

Giant
HSC
Hi, I'm wondering if I should do a bridging course in Biology to prepare for this course. I'm starting 1st yr this yr and having looked at the Lecture Summaries for "structure, function and disease" (BIOS1155) I find it has little to do with my Chem and Physics.

I finished courses in Maths Ext 1&2, Physics and Chem. By the look of the recommended studies for this course, which requires Maths, Chem/Phys/Bio I should be alrite..Am I supposed to understand the summaries above once lectures have started?

Thanks

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
SFD is anatomy.. first semester u bust ur arse learning body bits...not bio so much ...

tuart

Hey guys just wondering approx how many hours a week Diagnostic Radiography is? Also how much do da text books cost for DR?

monaro-man

Ramen Raider
HSC
There is some introductory bio stuff, but it isn't essential that you complete a bridging course. As I said, it is "introductory" level, and isn't too hard to learn. I didn't buy any books for biology specifically, just used the internet, as well as lecture notes and perhaps my SFD textbook.

Gemstar

HSC
but ain't it hard 2 get a job when u come out of a rediographer course?

i mean, r there lots of jobs out there for radiographers or even speech pathologists>?

Skeeta

HSC
for speech there is a huge demand, but not always the resources (ie there is about a 1 year waiting list for community health centres, but they cant/dont employ any more people)

there ARE lots of jobs out there. once you get a job - you will never be short of clients. Personally i think its the perfect job to set up you own practice (if i can ever afford it)

Theodosius

HSC
Heaps of jobs in DR.

EDIT: Won't be as many in the future- massive increase in first year enrolments this year...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)