Deteriorated Relationship Between Men and Women? (1 Viewer)

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
http://freedom.orlingrabbe.com/lfetimes/politics_amer10.htm

I thought this was a rarther interesting article about the current state of man/women relationships. It's all about why the nice guy now finishes last. A good read for anyone who doesn't understand all those nutty girls out there or those jerk wad boys. Beware, the article is fairly long, but I would recommend reading all of it.

Now, for some choice quotes

"The truth is, few things are more psychologically traumatizing than a bad love affair. The reason is the absolute vulnerability in a love affair. A person has their hopes for the future, their ideals, their innermost dreams, their trust, their everything, invested in a love affair. If that is betrayed and destroyed in them, they are psychologically gutted. It often results in suicide or self-destruction in one form or another"

"A generation of egocentrically pathological, perpetually teenage men devised a new life style in which they expected to toy with the cream of women's vulnerability at convenience for their own amusement. Women were supposed to forget being disposed of, supposed to forget being criticized for their so-called "hang-ups," then they would be able to move into next month's magazine gatefold relationship. Beautiful, disposable, renewable sexual appliance and plaything was the model."

"The problem with free sex is that far more people think they can live it, or say that they can live it, or wish that they can live it, than can actually live it. It requires various combinations of emotional coldness and detachment, psychopathic deviance, emotional shallowness, compartmentalized functioning, and denial. The prerequisites are not trivial and do not facilitate capacity for close relationships. This suggests one is making a degree of sacrifice or inhibition of close interpersonal relationships in this choice."

Ouch

Last edited:
S

Shuter

Far too long.

Looks like it raises some semi-valid points but just misses the mark alot of the time.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
half way through

struth! most of it seems pretty true, hits home alright

edit: i like this bit: "Men were beginning to feel like fools for respecting a woman's virginity, only to have it skewered two weeks later on some goof's penis as a joke"

any1 ever had that happen to them?

Last edited:

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
why is it that you can be completely bored off your nuts/tits that you look for something long like that to read yet you are too lazy to read it?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
generally speaking yeah.

if you're a nice guy reading this thread and agree that its true, then why don't you be patient, for that decent girl to realise how much of a rarity you are.

Maybe nice guys aren't patient or looking hard enough

*With a nice guy for over 15 months and counting :)*

Skeeta

HSC
i think the problem is that nice boys dont want nice girls all of the time.

Nice boys get nice girls because they deserve them. Nice girls arent always necessarily the "hot, popular, steamy ones".. Its a cliche i know but its true

LazyBoy

HSC
Personally i dont agree with the article. Yes it does bring up some valid points. But mostly its too right wing for for my liking.

uwsstudent

HSC
just get serious with ur partner

get the right one for u, treasure the relationship

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)