Desperately need to drop a subject... (1 Viewer)

Poad

HSC
So this year Im doing: Italian Continuers, Chemistry, Economics, Studies of Religion I, Advanced English, Extension 2 Maths = 13 units. Thats killing me right now, as Im reaallly lazy and am totally not motivated to much work. All my friends have study periods so they pretty much get all homework done at school AND they dont have jobs either so that leaves them with tons of spare time. On the other hand, I work 15 hours a week and barely do any homework, which really isnt going well for me now (especially in 4U maths).

In past years Ive been able to get by easily with little to no effort (well, and, studying my ass of two days before an exam) but I dont think Im willing to take that chance anymore. In Yr 11 I came top 3 in all my subjects and so far these are my results for Yr 12...
Eco - 18/20 (=1st out of 50)
Chem - 30/35 (=2nd out of 70)
Italian - 29/30 (1st out of 10.. pretty much assured a 1st place here)
English - 18/20 (around 5th or so out of.. around 120)
No maths assessments and we havent got our Religion one back.

So yeah, uh, help please. :\

HSC
Keep them all until the answer comes clear to you. You could also look at dropping back to 3u maths as a possibility as well.

undalay

HSC
Is studies of religion compulsary? You might consider dropping that...

nrs1990

HSC
If you're doing well in all your subjects (assuming that none are required for uni courses) then it has to come down to which ones you enjoy. I know that I prefer to study for the subjects I like far more than the subjects I don't, and I tend to do better in them, too.

Also, think about whether you really want to be doing Extension 2 Maths. I'm doing it, so I know that it's the one of my subjects that takes up the most of my time, despite being worth only one unit.

I'm getting stressed even though I'm only doing ten units this year... And I don't have a job, either. If you feel okay with 13 units, that's okay, but it sounds like you're having trouble with the work load. On the other hand, I know that amongst my friends, we vary widely in the number of units that we're doing, and we're all getting stressed, so be aware that losing units might not be a cure-all.

HSC
wow. i comend you for doing that many units. i went to school with a girl who did 15. she had zero social life... but she ws also a freak and didnt have too many friends as a result. i'd drop religion and drop to 3 or possibly 2 units of maths.

and maybe consider cutting back your work hours. thats what i had to do, they had me working 5 days a week. i just told them i can do that anymore so they dropped me back to 2 days. and now im quitting because im off to bathurst and i hate them!

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
If you're destiny were to drop any of these, you would know which one to drop already. Why be so stressed, worrying can't bring any good. Just keep them all! Otherwise, just drop the one that you're least passionate in. If you're going to defend that you like them all, it's pretty ironic that you have a puzzle of 'should I drop this and that'.

Poad

HSC
Thanks for the replies.

First off, religion is compulsory, so yeah I can't drop that. Im not quite sure what I want to do at uni yet, but Im pretty sure its gonna be something maths/financial related, and even though Economics and Ext 2 maths arent required for any uni courses (that I know of), I guess it would still be good to keep them.

Also, I like all my electives equally (or, rather, dislike them equally >_>) so that kinda makes it hard. Im more leaning towards dropping Italian, since that would be the worst scaling subject, and if I do horribly in my Ext 2 maths exam then I can always drop down to Ext 1 and pick Italian back up for 12 units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)