desperately need info deciding courses!! :( (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Survivor39 said:
I know 20+ people from my cohort and only 2-3 wanted to get into med. What is your point?
I know over 9000 people wanting to not do med. I win!

Kalashnikov47

HSC
comp247 said:
Hi there. I'm really lost atm choosing my uni course. I got rejected from med with 99.65/172 but apparently this guy got 99.4/173 and was offered an interview..... And so, I am even more depressed and am not sure which pathway I should follow. Either way, I want to pursue medicine, whether it be postgrad or I try transferring. But just incase I dont make it, I want to do a double degree to keep my options open. So here are my preferences so far:
1. Science/Law @ USyd (I found very law interesting after year 10 commerce)
2. Aeronautical Engineering(Space)/Science @ USyd (I'm also interested in space and if I get this degree, I want to go to space agencies like NASA. very difficult I know but I can always try? :p )
3. Science (Advanced) @ USyd

or even
4. Vet @ USyd
5. Optometry/Science @ UNSW
6. Commerce(International) @ UNSW (Actuarial Studies/Jap)

Please give me your honest(&sincere!) opinions about these courses. Thanks!
I am not racist but can I ask you: are you asian (including indian).

I found it extremely annoying when I see all commerce/med courses are packed with Asian/Indians in uni open days. I am, again, not racist, but seriously don't understand why people narrow down their path for the future so much.

From your uncertainty and the listed thing you might do, I can tell that you haven't thought of what you really want in the future. I am also not blaming you, but I hope if you really want to do med, you can just stick to it. Don't listen to the rubbish of other people. (Persoanlly I got quite upset when I heard people commenting on my attempt to actualise an "impossible" dream. )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)