Desperately need help! Do i drop? (1 Viewer)

Lennie

Hey :)
i realise no one may reply to this, but here goes...

Last year, i completed 3 HSC subjects at school;

Adv English 78%
Legal 74%
Society and Culture 79%

i realise these are horrible marks, but considering i gave up, and studied a total of 30 mins for each HSC exam, im pretty happy i even passed...

Im at TAFE this year, completing the whole thing over again;

Adv English, Ext 1 + 2 eng, biology, modern history and 2u maths.

whereas my marks are amazingly better, the course is condensed; meaning that we have 4 months to begin and learn the entire HSC course before the october exams.

My question is... i am aiming for 85+ (i would be happy with an 85)
Should i drop 3 subjects and focus entirely on two, hence possibly increasing my marks?
or stick it out and attempt the 5, knowing that there is a huge workload and i might buckle under the pressure again?

If i am to drop, which subjects do you think are better to keep?

Thanks for reading this and i hope i get some replies :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Don't drop, I know exactly how you feel, but trust me I am in a similar position, it will get better. Also remember that if you do drop 3 things then you are still accepting the marks you were dissatisfied from last year. If you must drop, drop 2u english as you have done that already and your ext 1/2 marks can replace that as your minimum 2 units of english for your Uai if you do well enough and have enough units as you indeed do. So keep on trucking and remember that you can do it! Tafe pride! Raahh!!lol

Lennie

always so helpful :) i think thats what i needed to hear

re-doing english is proving to be the worst decision ever, esp. condsidering i am doing none of the same texts...

i can always drop my other subjects later if they arent working out, right??

im just worried that im not putting enough time into each of my subjects...

are you finding that the amount of work is just horriffic?!? not to mention the fact that you arent spoonfed anymore?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I wasn't spoonfed in the first place no hsc at school for me!:) But yes, the workload is horrific - especially for advanced english for even though you may be really good at it, there are more assessments for it at Tafe than any other subject which chews up time you could spend studying for your other subjects. Yes, you can drop your other subjects later if they aren't working out, though I think you should avoid that if you are doing so much better. If you think you need more time (time she says! whats that?! lol) then drop advanced like its hot, it takes up time you can use elsewhere (hint, hint: major work!) but basically stick it out if you can, it *does* get better, I promise:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)