Desperate for some advice on 2nd sem transfer (1 Viewer)

ffutsdoog

HSC
Hi, I'm doing bioinformatics/biomedical engineering at UNSW at the moment, first year. So far, this first semester has been horrible. Im pretty much guaranteed to fail 2 of my 4 subjects due to lack of interest and motivation. I really should have done my research before I chose the degree.

Anyway as a result of this, I'm desperately hoping for a transfer for 2nd semester. However, I don't know how to go about doing this despite contacting both unsw and uac. If they take into account uni marks when considering transfer I'm screwed so I need them to take UAI only.

Considering I've only done 1 semester (almost) will they only take UAI? Also, if the course I want to get into isn't offered for a 2nd semester start can I then not do semester 2 (deferring I think it's called?) and then reuse my UAI at start of next year to get into what I want?

Any help would be really appreciated. I'm pretty worried and stressed right now. There's no way Im going to get this engineering degree, way too hard, I have to switch somehow.

Thanks!

spence

HSC
Considering I've only done 1 semester (almost) will they only take UAI? Also, if the course I want to get into isn't offered for a 2nd semester start can I then not do semester 2 (deferring I think it's called?) and then reuse my UAI at start of next year to get into what I want?
Yes to both questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)