Designing Job (1 Viewer)

fuzzy09

HSC
Who wants to get into the design industry but doesn't know which way to go? Im having heaps of trouble deciding what i want to do, wondering what the rest of you guys are thinking...

bettina44

HSC
hey what do you know? i'm in the same postion too hi5!

i know i want to do something designy but can't decide. i'm kind of stuck between graphic design and interior design. i want to go the uts the courses are really specific so i'd have to pick one or the other- vis comm and int design :( but there's also general design course at new south dunno if its any good though, so i'm kinda stuck

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
hey what do you know? i'm in the same postion too hi5!

i know i want to do something designy but can't decide. i'm kind of stuck between graphic design and interior design. i want to go the uts the courses are really specific so i'd have to pick one or the other- vis comm and int design :( but there's also general design course at new south dunno if its any good though, so i'm kinda stuck
Bachelor of Design @ COFA: 4802 | College of Fine Arts
They also have other courses at COFA, more detail here: Undergraduate Programs | College of Fine Arts which include bachelor of fine arts, art theory, etc...
and FBE @ UNSW: Undergraduate Degrees have courses in industrial design, interior architecture, etc...

johony

HSC
Who wants to get into the design industry but doesn't know which way to go? Im having heaps of trouble deciding what i want to do, wondering what the rest of you guys are thinking...
definitely cofa if you want a general design course, visual comms or industrial design at UTS if you want something specific

muscleman09

HSC
problem with UTS is that Design courses today, demand a ridiculously high UAI
97+ Vis comm i think at UTS...

Thats the only problem with the HSC and UAI, courses we want to get into require extremely high UAI's which arent exactly "smart subjects if u understand what i mean..... ahh jeez.. i want architecture at UTS.. 91.10

sigh

fuzzy09

HSC

Thats the only problem with the HSC and UAI, courses we want to get into require extremely high UAI's which arent exactly "smart subjects if u understand what i mean..... ahh jeez.. i want architecture at UTS.. 91.10

sigh

OMG I WANTED TO DO ARCHITECTRE TOO!!!! but caz of the UAI im kinda turned off, i doubt ill ever get that high, n uts offers it with the lowest uai outta all uni's *sigh*

sombrero

HSC
I wanted to do visual communication at UTS :(

They should go by portfolio and design skill. Not just UAI... ughhh

bettina44

HSC

sigh
94.65 actually- not that bad, from memory they give out 5 bonus uai points if you get band sixes in art, dt, sdd etc so you could get a away with a 90

if you wanna combine it with international studies well that's a different story, if you want to do it with interior design good luck getting 99.9. its the highest cutoff there is.

but from what i've seen the design/ int studies courses fluctuated A LOT like 5-10 points. the year before interior design and int studies was only 89.4 - big increase to 99.9.

i swear there must be this weird trend with international studies. if something like vis comm is out of reached-it was 99.9 the year before people would of opted for the more reasonable interior design --> increase popluarity for ineteror design pushing the cut off up for next year and there would be a huge drop in vis comm. so i guess you might have a chance for interior design next year and fashion and texiles where as don't even think about industrial design, vis comm if you're lucky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)