Describe (1 Viewer)

Rory

HSC
How would you describe what a GBE is? (Just to be sure, GBE stands for Government Business Enterprises right?) Heh thanks!

sneaky pete

HSC
N/A
A government business enterprise is a government organization that has all of the following characteristics

a) it is a separate legal entity with the power to contract in its own name and that can sue and be sued;
b) it has been delegated the financial and operational authority to carry on a business;
c) it sells goods and services to individuals and organizations outside of the government reporting entity as its principal activity; and
d) it can, in the normal course of its operations, maintain its operations and meet its liabilities from revenues received from sources outside of the government reporting entity.

- http://www.fin.gov.bc.ca/OCG/fras/altproc/AcctngP3.pdf

I however don't believe I have come accross this term in the business studies course..?

Rory

HSC
Thankyou muchly sneaky pete , I didn't have anything about GBE's in my notes (I do home schooling) and the net wasn't very helpful at the time. Thanks! :)

Rory

HSC
Lol truly-in-bliss its great! I've only been doing it for a while, but its fun, and its so..free and I'm learning alot more than I did in school and I have social anxiety so I had a shit attendence rate and yeh, so I personally loooove home schooling.

Im doing good marks-wise and I dont have to do maths *thankfully* coz I SUCK at maths and all the high schools I went to pretty much had it as mandatory :(

So yeh, I reckon its worth it. :) Its great for my 2 final important years coz I dont have to bother with social hang-ups and what not. Good concentration y'know. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)