Depression and the HSC - how do you cope? (1 Viewer)

lilredelmo

HSC
Re: depression caused by failing everything

Is your UAI aim unrealistic for you??
If so you are putting extra stress on yourself and probably won't acheive what you could have!
We cannot all be 99.???ers and if we are truly not in that league..DON'T even consider it.Fine to aim high but be realistic or you will ALWAYS feel like a failure.Work to the very best of YOUR ability and be satisfied!

by the way I was at a selective,chose a course I knew i could get into and aimed there..NOT HIGH!!I was very comfortable at school,had a blast and ENJOYED life.if I had chosen a course which"exceeded" my probable UAI I too would have felt a failure.
And most of my friends worked hard and acheived 90-99,and NOT one of them is enjoying Uni..I am ,having a great time and enjoying the course because I am working within my level.

Chin up..Enjoy life and keep all yor results in perspective.

HSC
Re: depression caused by failing everything

is your uai aim unrealistic for you??
If so you are putting extra stress on yourself and probably won't acheive what you could have!
We cannot all be 99.???ers and if we are truly not in that league..don't even consider it.fine to aim high but be realistic or you will always feel like a failure.work to the very best of your ability and be satisfied!

By the way i was at a selective,chose a course i knew i could get into and aimed there..not high!!i was very comfortable at school,had a blast and enjoyed life.if i had chosen a course which"exceeded" my probable uai i too would have felt a failure.
And most of my friends worked hard and acheived 90-99,and not one of them is enjoying uni..i am ,having a great time and enjoying the course because i am working within my level.

Chin up..enjoy life and keep all yor results in perspective.
+ 1
:)

lynton

HSC
i dont get depressed i just get worried. The work load is hard for me as i train 9 times a week in the pool for swimming and 2 gym sets. Its hard trying to be a professional athlete and trying to obtain good marks at school. I just find it hard to get the work done as i am kinda lagging behind. Should i just concentrate on school or try and find a better routine to maintain the two?:confused:

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
This post won't last the day.

The highwayman will come in here and delete it.

as he did to several of mine which suggested the medicinal benefits of concrete.

Last edited by a moderator:

KillerIsMe

Very Special Master
HSC
i dont get depressed i just get worried. The work load is hard for me as i train 9 times a week in the pool for swimming and 2 gym sets. Its hard trying to be a professional athlete and trying to obtain good marks at school. I just find it hard to get the work done as i am kinda lagging behind. Should i just concentrate on school or try and find a better routine to maintain the two?:confused:

have you considered pathways?
my friend was also training to be a professional swimmer he did it and he was very happy with it.
i know its an extra year, but it's worth it if you want good marks.

nicole4591

HSC
Thanks Ashabella. My problem doesn't really invovle with depression due to the HSC though. It's just that I can't befriend with anyone. In the past I've tried to sit with many different groups, only to find out that I'm so different from my friends in some ways. I can neither bear the way they speak nor emphathise with their concerns. I always feel better when I stay in the library doing my works during lunch or recess.
What worries me is that I start talking to myself (indistinctly) so more often that it's like muttering all day and wherever I go. Maybe there's something wrong with me psychologically; but I'm too scared to see a doctor or
Maybe the problem is not as serious as I thought and I'm just too socially inadequate that I can't be integrated into any group at all...

i used to be exactly like that until i realised something was wrong and i was not supposed to feel the way i did. i went and saw the school councillor and was referred to a doctor and psychologist with severe depression. im still not a very sociable person but im getting there slowly

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
i used to be exactly like that until i realised something was wrong and i was not supposed to feel the way i did. i went and saw the school councillor and was referred to a doctor and psychologist with severe depression. im still not a very sociable person but im getting there slowly
poor psychologist

the-musty-elbow

HSC
N/A
Mates, I have severe depression and anxiety disorders, various eating disorders, 2 majors, 4 units of english, HUGE issues with procrastination and I have no frecking clue what I am doing.

WHATWASITHINKING?

:rofl: *maniacal laugh*

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
In recent days, I cope with stress by meeting people and talking about stuff to relieve stress :)

Also playing game helps especially DOTA. ;)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I watch shows/movies that make me laugh and talk to people to take the edge of things.

MissyBella

HSC
I have to confess that I haven't read all the replies to this thread as there are 11 pages, but I'd just like to add that Lifeline and Kidshelpline offer wonderful free, confidential counselling services. Kids helpline counsels people up to the age of 25 and also has an online service, and lifeline is telephone only, and assists ANYONE. The numbers are:
Kids helpline - 1800 55 1800
Lifeline - 13 11 14

Depression and the HSC are not uncommon and don't ever feel alone. Perhaps you could talk to a school counsellor, friend, family member or teacher you trust? There's no shame in admitting you need help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)