...dentistry (1 Viewer)

i'm intereseted in doing dentistry and am almost willing to go practicaly anywhere and do anything for it but i'm worried bout passing the UMAT exam n other complications that come with admission etc... :( Is there ANY other way of getting in like paying full fee or whatever? Any uni's offer it?

cheers.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
Dentistry is the highest paid starter undergraduate profession in NSW, besides trivial things like acting where you score off in a big role or something, so I can see why you're so interested.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
Dentistry is the highest paid starter undergraduate profession in NSW, besides trivial things like acting where you score off in a big role or something, so I can see why you're so interested.
hehe don't b so cynical- some ppl. do dentistry bcoz they wanna help ppl. u know!! :D :p

yeh i have now, thanks.

omg grrr.. can't believe you even took it that way..!
i actually want to do it cos i wanna do cosmetc dentistry. guys with bad teeth are no go zones.

Collin

HSC
N/A
You're doing dentistry just because of your overwhelming disgust for men with bad teeth? Man, that really does make my economic reasons more valid.

haha.. nah its not just that...

and don't have such a negative view bout how people study dentistry just cos of the pay. i didn't even know that it was the highest undergraduate paid profession until your post. hey, there r people who like studying dentistry for other reasons aite? ;)

ladadiladida*

Collin

HSC
N/A
Well I didn't originally think of the economic benefits of it, but a recent newspaper article opened my eyes upon these kinds of matters. The article elaborated upon a certain man who undertook the dentistry postgraduate course at The University Of Sydney, so he could finance his music career. He didn't have an overwhelming interest in the dental profession, but the financial implecations pushed him to do it, so he could fund his other hobbies and lifestyle.

aditya

HSC
its pretyt risky getting into dentistry.... u should like goto the career days and ask wat they require. cuz first u gotta sit the gmat, then u go to an itnerview :|

so yeh, u should look for another career path but still aim for dentistry

yeh, well i'm not in uni yet so i don't have to sit for gamsat.... more like umat.. :rolleyes: in a way its better cos I heard its way easier.

my eyes aren't on the money so theres no worries ;)

Collin

HSC
N/A
What are the 'gamsat's, 'gmat's and the 'umat's? I'm sorta lost :/

gamsat and umat are exams that u must take in order to get in to med, dentistry etc.. Tests your IQ. If your already in uni and you want to transfer then you have to sit for gamsat which is harder or if your in highschool you sit for umat. Thats basically it.

memo

Originally posted by nitemare*bythec
yeh i have now, thanks.

omg grrr.. can't believe you even took it that way..!
i actually want to do it cos i wanna do cosmetc dentistry. guys with bad teeth are no go zones.
A huge portion of guys in 3rd world / developing countries have bad teeth. Studying dentistry in those countries isnt half as competitive as it is here ;)

Collin

HSC
N/A
So what test do you do to get into the postgraduate BMed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)