• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

dent in orange 2010 (1 Viewer)

boxhunter91

HSC
Hey Guys,

Not too sure where to post this, but thought id do it here. With respect to that application form, do a lot of you have genuine dental experience? I mean honestly, the only people with professional experience in dentistry are therapists or dental nurses. .

I actually did work experience at a dentistry in 2007. So i chucked that in LOL.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
if you guys had trouble with the first part,
that's good news for me.

i think i answered that part really well,
as was part 2.

the only troubling bit was my year 12 report, and handwriting.

hahh!

anyway i hope express post doesn't fail me!
as i left the app for too late

boxhunter91

HSC
This is bs how am i going to get a place over someone who has done HSC already.. FML. Actually my half yearly year 12 report is bad. but ive picked up so much for my subjects.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
you know how they asked for "certified" copies of the year 11/12 reports.. does that mean we need a JP to sign it? or will a school stamp suffice? :confused:

also does it have to be there BY wednesday or DURING wednesday... please be during wednesday otherwise i'm screwed.

boxhunter91

HSC
you know how they asked for "certified" copies of the year 11/12 reports.. does that mean we need a JP to sign it? or will a school stamp suffice? :confused:

also does it have to be there BY wednesday or DURING wednesday... please be during wednesday otherwise i'm screwed.
If you read the certification thing, You don't need just a JP to do it. You can get a school teacher, police officer, dentist etc.. I couldnt find my end of year 11 report so i just gave me semester 1 lol..

I think has to be there during wednesday. Express post it asap. I did it today. All the best.

raniaaa

HSC
will do, thanks! :)

by the way have you guys looked at the local entertainment/recreation places at orange? they don't even have a bowling alley, or a night club :jaw:

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
that's a good thing

i'd rather just sit and chat with a couple of close mates,
stargaze/watch the clouds go by, or over a fire

then going to some bowling alley and 'having fun' (or going to a club and listening to crappy music)

boxhunter91

HSC
Yeh i checked it. There isnt much to offer. But its kind of good in a way it makes you relax and focused on getting this course finished with great marks. Like theism said id also prefer hanging around a fire or something with class mates. Enjoy the experience.
But if I do make it, I would like to check out there Go Kart Track ;)

Guys do you know if the rooms are connected to the net? thanks.

spdr20

HSC
Gosh you guys are already planning lives at CSU. I wish i can be as optimistic hey!

And just off track here, WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE PASSPORT PHOTO and photoopies of applications and stapling one lot to the other. God these guys ask a lot out of you! Its like they want you to beg them for a place in CSU!

Anyway, I'm sure there are good country pubs out there! I mean Orange has a large student pop, along with bathurst dubbo and broken hill. They got heaps of health studients doing placements as part of the rural participation thing. So id say itd be pretty interesting! Good luck!

raniaaa

HSC
woo sent my application in, glad that's over and done with :D... hopefully it gets there by tomorrow

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
well done.

after the deadline (30th of sept),
should we discuss what we each wrote for the written sections?

part A. how does regional health practice differ from metropolitan health practices, and what particular issue may a health worker face in regional australia.

and

Part B. (why you should be allowed to study dental science)

boxhunter91

HSC
Yeh i guess,
For Part B i did speak about moving to Orange, saying id be dedicated blah blah blah but also credentials and stuff.
Part A was a bit hard. Tried to keep as close to medical as possible.
I wonder what my principal gave me as an ATAR..

P.S Where you from theism and raniaa?

spdr20

HSC
Congrats on sending in the application. Are most of you guys from a regional background by the way? itd be itneresting to see how heavily weighted the regional background is. They seem to drill that point a lot!

boxhunter91

HSC
I'm from Sydney. I'm a bit nervous considering a numerous amount of applicants who finished their HSC previously..

spdr20

HSC
Hey Boxhunter. When i spoke to judy stone, i asked her about that. She said everyone gets treated "equally". I dont know what her definition of equal is, but id say non school leavers and school leavers are on the same boat. Keep in mind that everyone gets ranked. The portfolio counts a lot. And a lot of people may apply, btu at the end of the day, a lot of them just send in random applications without really addressing the criteria. And then theres the ones who put in the effort, and I geuss thats where it gets interesting.

Have you had any regional experience? I'd say if you did, your in for a chance. And from there, I guess you can just hope!

But seriously, dont be intimidated!

spdr20

HSC
lol, Judy Stone seems like an itneresting character. She seemed like she was in a rush to end the conversation, though keep in mind that she probably gets a thousand enquiries about the course, and im sure a lot of those enquiries would be quite silly. So in that context, she probably greets every caller with a bit of cynicism....

I jsut hope shes not evil in real life! Hope it helps mate!

boxhunter91

HSC
Thanks spdr20 for addressing that.
I have actually been to numerous regional areas for holidays camps etc. But not physically live there for more then 2 weeks.
I am not too worried bout it though. I like the seclusion and scenery. How many people are accepted?
I have also undertook work experience at a dentist, which i added to my 'Work' section of course ;)

Last edited:

spdr20

HSC
Yeah no worries. There are 40 places, am i right? And from there, Id say in general they interview 2-3 people for every place?? so say around 120 interviews?

haha yeah the dental experience would count! I put in my dental experience too. I'm hoping my other stuff will pull me through to atleast an itnerview. Though im worried about my GPA. I did well in like my last 2 years of uni and managed to get a class 1 honours, though my first year sucked! haha..OH WELL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)