Demonstrating the motor effect (1 Viewer)

kiri_babe

HSC
I have an assessment task that requires me to demonstrate the motor effect and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on an experiment I could do...
:uhhuh:
Thanks for your help!
kbabe

tennille

HSC
Well, it needs to involve a magnet, conductor and current. The motor effect= a current carrying conductor in a magnetic field experiences a force. Therefore, you need to set something up that has a current going through it, and place a magnet near it. That might help you a bit more, but I'm not going to tell you the experiment that demonstrates it (that's your job :p).

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
refer to a text book and they'll tell you how to do the experiment.

Consisting of a current carrying wire and two magnets.

tennille

HSC
AntiHyper said:
You guys up to Motors and Generators already??
Im still finishing space
When I started the Physics HSC course, we did Motors and Generators first. Don't forget, Space is the longest topic and teachers teach at different paces.

paki_diva

we have the same assesment...there's a question about magnitude of force ...how do u find 'magnitude of force'???

P.S. I am doing tht exp. with current balance and loop of wire hanging down and all..

~GrOoVy~

*cough* hahahhaa *cough*
HSC
hey there
i have a test on this one too... :(

hey can some1 please be a darl and scan the motor effect exp. in the physics context book...i have searched high and low for this book, can't find it.

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)