Votes: 5 5.7%
  • A Little Too Late

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Last Night On Earth

Votes: 9 10.3%

• Total voters

*Buttercup*

HSC
i like the 3rd one on the little too late cd (dont kno what its called!), and also "longer" and "will u fall for me"... and my fav on the list is last night on earth i think, i love it.. so thats what i voted for :)

bEAbEA

HSC
pretty pink said:
im not a great fan either, all her songs seem to have the same tune or something but she does have a beautiful voice.. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I agree - I'm not a great fan but her voice is beautiful and its incredible that its natural - unlike so many other singers today.
My sister went to her concert and she said that her voice at the concert was practicaly the same as on her CDs

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
heh, shut your pie hole Camilla!!! HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAH BBBBBAHAHAHAH

pie hole.. hahaha .. .. ba ha HA HA! lol oh god i havent heard that in ages

ahh geez ur a funneh chicken!

HSC
bEAbEA said:
Yeah, I agree - I'm not a great fan but her voice is beautiful and its incredible that its natural - unlike so many other singers today.
My sister went to her concert and she said that her voice at the concert was practicaly the same as on her CDs

yeh,, i went to her concert twice, and saw her perform at a dfew shopping centres a while ago and she does have an AMAZING live voice.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
My favourite song sung by Delta Goodrem is ...'Predictable'
Don't know why it's not an option in the above poll.

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
I bought her song 'predictable' once... she is an amazing singer, and i dont say that lightly, because most aussie artists are shit (living end, casey donovan, anthony callea, etc)
Living End > Delta x 1 000 000

I don't even know how you can lump the Living End with Casey Donovan / Anthony Callea.

If anything, Delta belongs in the category of manufactured pop act - she was a soapie actress who released a bland, repetetive albeit catchy CD. She can barely stay in tune (anyone watch the logies?) and fails miserably at playing half a dozen notes on the piano.

Compare that to a band which fuses the cello with the electric guitar and London street thug lyrics (however bizarre they may be)... Obviously you know little about The Living End, at least i've listened to Delta's crappy CD.

And out of all of the Delta songs i've heard, i'd say the best was one called 'Throw it Away'. Out of the ones listed, i voted 'Butterfly'.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i won't argue with your opinions on delta's actual music because everyone is entitled to their opinion on what they like to hear (or not hear...) but i'm irked by ignorant comments by people saying she can't sing or play the piano based on a nit picking single performance

go bloody watch a few hrs of her performances or watch her concert and hear her sing and play the piano. Don't say she can only hit 6 keys on the piano when I have seen her play full length pieces of her own composition that are brilliant. She's got skills on the piano so don't rubbish that no matter how much it annoys you.

sure. her music is not everyone's cup of tea but don't judge her on one performance

Edit: hmm i went on abit of a frenzy didn't I? Apologies if i barked but it's a pet hate of mine when people rubbish another person's music skills when in fact, it doesn't hold true

Last edited:
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
I bought her song 'predictable' once... she is an amazing singer, and i dont say that lightly, because most aussie artists are shit (living end, casey donovan, anthony callea, etc)

the FUCK?? oh jeez the living end own's delta goodrem's ass.

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Haha, and even if she is a manufactured pop act, you think the living end is any better? Ive heard the moronic lyrics of the living end, and i think they should be confined to early morning showings of 'rage' on the abc. The fact that some retarded year 10-dropouts got a recording contract is unfathomable to me.
Heres one of their intellectually superior lyric excerpts:
"Oh yes we're on our own and there's nothing you can do
So we don't need no one like you, to tell us what to do"
Kudos to them for rhyming 'do' with 'do'.

If you wish to see real talent, the living end is not where its at.

you don't even need to compare the whole of the living end with delta goodrem, chris cheney himself could wipe her ass off the floor with his superior skill.

HSC
Sarah168 said:
i won't argue with your opinions on delta's actual music because everyone is entitled to their opinion on what they like to hear (or not hear...) but i'm irked by ignorant comments by people saying she can't sing or play the piano based on a nit picking single performance

go bloody watch a few hrs of her performances or watch her concert and hear her sing and play the piano. Don't say she can only hit 6 keys on the piano when I have seen her play full length pieces of her own composition that are brilliant. She's got skills on the piano so don't rubbish that no matter how much it annoys you.

sure. her music is not everyone's cup of tea but don't judge her on one performance

Edit: hmm i went on abit of a frenzy didn't I? Apologies if i barked but it's a pet hate of mine when people rubbish another person's music skills when in fact, it doesn't hold true
Sorry sarah, i think the main thing that annoys me is that there are lots of artists who are (at least) equally as talented as Delta is, and they're not getting any recognition. All the hype around Delta just tends to agitate me more.

From what i've head (a handful of live performances), every time i hear her she goes a little bit off tune. At her level (piano & vocal), i should have a bloody recording contract.

playboy2njoy said:
Haha, and even if she is a manufactured pop act, you think the living end is any better? Ive heard the moronic lyrics of the living end, and i think they should be confined to early morning showings of 'rage' on the abc. The fact that some retarded year 10-dropouts got a recording contract is unfathomable to me.
Heres one of their intellectually superior lyric excerpts:
"Oh yes we're on our own and there's nothing you can do
So we don't need no one like you, to tell us what to do"
Kudos to them for rhyming 'do' with 'do'.

If you wish to see real talent, the living end is not where its at.
There is so much wrong with that post, i'm not even know where to start.

The Living End is one of the rare bands who can play softcore punk without sounding like Simple Plan. I'm glad that they're on early morning rage, because Pepsi Video hits is a piece of crap.
Dropping out of school gives no indication of their music talent, and they have created a completely unique brand of music which takes classical influences, mixes it with rock instruments, pop riffs and adds a different sort of street lyric (i.e. not black america).
If you're going to judge The Living End based on two lines of lyric from an early song which focuses heavily on the background music and riffs, (this seems blindingly obvious when the instrumental solos appear halfway through the song)then that's your loss.
I can only feel sorry for you because you seem to think that fame = talent.

kylz

HSC
out of those my all time fave is definately born to try :)
but ... atm i really love 'last night on earth' :)

HSC
noone likes mistaken identity! wasnt it a number 1 hit?

HSC
Living End self titled was good but there inability to innovate make all their songs sound very similar and 'zzz'

Delta is awesome.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
go_swans said:
noone likes mistaken identity! wasnt it a number 1 hit?
hmm i dont think so. I think that was her first single that didnt make it to number one. then they all went downhill from there lol. Like Almost Here, or did that get to number one? and a little too late never did either. Oh well, i still love her.

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
hmm i dont think so. I think that was her first single that didnt make it to number one. then they all went downhill from there lol. Like Almost Here, or did that get to number one? and a little too late never did either. Oh well, i still love her.
I think Almost here was number 1. but then again im not sure. Im more sure of Mistaken Identity going to no 1..

About Almost here. have u heard the acoustic version? OMFG Brians natural voice is so terrible compared to deltas.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
mistaken identity and little too late didn't go no.1. Almost here did. Why? I have no f*cking idea. I hate that song. and yes, brian's voice is terrible in both versions

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
no? accoustic? hmm i must get. yeah, im not a fan of McFadden. I get the impression that he uses Delta for her fame to boost himself up in the popularity stakes. I certainly knew nothing about him til Delta found him

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
He's more famous than delta, that's for sure. Maybe she's using him to move up the ranks in britain?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)