• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Delivering newspapers? (1 Viewer)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh and if u get pamphlets u get more..
umm i did it like in yr 9 and we basically threw it out of the car.. cuz once winter started it got too dark to walk around by myself.. i think i usually got around $30 and it only took 2 hours to do it
i quit when i started at woolies though, and things have probably changed since then

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Worst job ever. Trust me I did it for nearly a year.

The pay is terrible, and delivering the papers is more time consuming than you'd think. Often you'll have receive a number of adds which you must put inside every paper. Even though you get paid a bit extra for it, it might take you an extra hour or two (depends how many adds and papers).

Delivering is also very gay. The papers aren't light and you might have to do a couple of runs.

All in all, I don't recommand it at all, I'm glad I quit it. Four hours of hard labouring work for 11$ or so just wasn't worth it.

elisabeth

HSC
Well, I used to have a paper round in London... so it's probably a bit different to here. For one thing, it was flat land and all the houses/flats were close together, so it only took around an hour. I also did it in the morning. Getting up at 6:30am when it's foggy/raining/bloody freezing and pitch black outside wasn't great. The pay was also kinda shit, at $27.50/week for 5hrs work. Then again, I was 12 when I started, did it for 2yrs, so they could afford to pay me shit.

Anyway, I don't reccommend it unless you have a dog you could walk at the same time and get your parents/neighbour to pay you for that as well. Or, if you count this as your exercise/sport quota as well as work. I guess it would also depend on the route - I would never do somewhere hilly.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I don't recommend it either. Newspapers usually give you about $30 something a months.

But phamplets, i used to get over $100 a week, which isn't that bad really. considering you don't do anything. and you get paid to exercise.

CrashOveride

HSC
I've been delivering pamphlets for the last 5 years.
Pay can vary from $30 a week to about $140 a week.

It's pretty easy, you just listen to music and walk around.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
u have to put all the diffent pamphlets together. and if u have around 10+ it will take a good 2 hours just to put it together. u might say its not that bad in the comfort of your home. but your back is hurting like a bitch after. sucks.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
really, one of my friends did it for awhile, she got paid $130 a week, plus she had uni and another job, and she said it took up about 10 hours a week. she just folded the papers and put adds and shit in them while she watched tv and then just drove around and delivered them, not to bad

D

ddm

HellVeN said:
Worst job ever. Trust me I did it for nearly a year.

The pay is terrible, and delivering the papers is more time consuming than you'd think. Often you'll have receive a number of adds which you must put inside every paper. Even though you get paid a bit extra for it, it might take you an extra hour or two (depends how many adds and papers).

Delivering is also very gay. The papers aren't light and you might have to do a couple of runs.

All in all, I don't recommand it at all, I'm glad I quit it. Four hours of hard labouring work for 11$ or so just wasn't worth it.
SO TRUE.

Ur better off working at Maccas

CrashOveride

HSC
Casmira said:
my friends brother gets $80 per 200 pamphlets
Whose pamphlets are they/what companies?

Folding them takes like an hour and doing it takes like an hour.
Your back kind of hurts at the beginning ..but over time ive found my back is actually getting stronger.

v sia

HSC
I was considering this job ( when i was younger of course) but i i thought about the extremely bad ( rare) scenarios that may arise.

Okay lets say , your delivering them to a house and most of the family is at the front lawn and they start screaming at ya profoundly about the crap that your delivering , lets face it who cares about these pamphlets that 90 % of us arent interested in.

I always wondered how do newpaper boys deliver em?? what form of transport do they use. Also how does the " newspaper people " know if you delivered em
??

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
v sia said:
Okay lets say , your delivering them to a house and most of the family is at the front lawn and they start screaming at ya profoundly about the crap that your delivering , lets face it who cares about these pamphlets that 90 % of us arent interested in.
if the people tell u , they dotn want it just skip the house. if they dont want it they usually put up a plack saying "no junk mail"
v sia said:
I always wondered how do newpaper boys deliver em?? what form of transport do they use. Also how does the " newspaper people " know if you delivered em
??
some leave a pile in one place and keep comign back for the newspapers when the ones they carry withthem end, others maybe drive.

when i use to deliver. i got so lazy i started skipping streets and one of the people actually complained to the lady in charge of this deliviry business that they dont get any advertisements. so thats how they found out.

my friend use to tell me sometimes he never delivired and nonone found out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)