• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Degrees pass the $200,000 mark (1 Viewer)

A

andiii

Re: Warning!!! Its official Macquarie Uni is a degree factory!!!

hi all im quite new here but i am a Macquarie student and as for the article, the only thing that stand out for me and many other as well was this line.

The guide reveals that graduates of Macquarie University, UTS, UNSW and Wollongong will have the highest starting salaries while Southern Cross graduates are likely to have the lowest.
it has made my day.

thanks for the info.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
Strangely enough, mX reported the exact opposite in terms of lecturer to student ratios. Any idea which is true?
KennyGAB said:
OK put it simply

MX = tabloid = trash
Good Universities Guide = may not be perfect but measurements will be infinitely more precise compared to MX rubbish
Let's see...student:staff=1/(staff:student), so a high student:staff ratio means a low staff:student ratio. Nothing wrong from the way you describe it.

HSC
N/A

I'm sure Kenny's just still sore because he didn't get into MQ, therefore he's creating all these stories (such as people having to sit in aisles) to make himself feel better. Now, I *am* an MQ student, and I can tell you about countless times people have been moved off the aisles. How many times has Kenny been there and counted the times people have "had" to sit in the aisles? Maybe a couple of times... but only in his dreams :p

For everyone else listening in on this, MQ tries damn hard to make resources and support avaliable to everyone, with WebCT, iLectures, e-reserve... every single one of my tutors has known my name and given me constructive criticism, one of my lecturers has even printed out his HOME number on the course outline so that he can be reached with greater ease. Our Humanities/Scmp department is pretty damn good, with Ancient History being a particular standout (not sure whether Psych is in this department but they're damn good too).

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC

glitterfairy said:
I'm sure Kenny's just still sore because he didn't get into MQ, therefore he's creating all these stories (such as people having to sit in aisles) to make himself feel better. Now, I *am* an MQ student, and I can tell you about countless times people have been moved off the aisles. How many times has Kenny been there and counted the times people have "had" to sit in the aisles? Maybe a couple of times... but only in his dreams :p

For everyone else listening in on this, MQ tries damn hard to make resources and support avaliable to everyone, with WebCT, iLectures, e-reserve... every single one of my tutors has known my name and given me constructive criticism, one of my lecturers has even printed out his HOME number on the course outline so that he can be reached with greater ease. Our Humanities/Scmp department is pretty damn good, with Ancient History being a particular standout (not sure whether Psych is in this department but they're damn good too).
eStudent sucks balls though! And if the lecturer in charge is incompetant, then so can the way the subject is done on WebCT.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

haha ok a troll... that makes sense... because there was absolutely no logic in his arguments. they were all fictitious attacks. stalon001 was a shifty character as well, same tone/style as kenny, different (i.e. forced) spellings of words...???

i thought though that he might not have been a troll because i have heard such illogical arguments in real life. e.g. "it's in north ryde" (from people living close)

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

No, its the same guy, probably stems back to that same guy back around 03/04 who was arguing with us back then as well, long grudge aye.

stalon001

HSC
N/A
dude ,i ain the same guy :) ..i m going to Mq maself. it's just i wanted to make ma point abt keny that he's not havin any benefit at all writing shit abt mq uni except a peace in mind (may b ) . If u read ma lines - i said i love it (tried b bit humorous)- lolz prolly lost ma point there neyways . I m findin Mq (bein a 1st semes stdt) all good, they offer the most flexible timetables/student support, may b this's positive side f havin more students. & getting feedback from all types stds ->improving accordingly->making themselv master f managing stds + being up to date with the industry's demands. Carez

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC

iambored said:
haha ok a troll... that makes sense... because there was absolutely no logic in his arguments. they were all fictitious attacks. stalon001 was a shifty character as well, same tone/style as kenny, different (i.e. forced) spellings of words...???

i thought though that he might not have been a troll because i have heard such illogical arguments in real life. e.g. "it's in north ryde" (from people living close)
stalon001 isn't this guy. :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

stalon001 said:
dude ,i ain the same guy :) ..i m going to Mq maself. it's just i wanted to make ma point abt keny that he's not havin any benefit at all writing shit abt mq uni except a peace in mind (may b ) . If u read ma lines - i said i love it (tried b bit humorous)- lolz prolly lost ma point there neyways . I m findin Mq (bein a 1st semes stdt) all good, they offer the most flexible timetables/student support, may b this's positive side f havin more students. & getting feedback from all types stds ->improving accordingly->making themselv master f managing stds + being up to date with the industry's demands. Carez
redruM said:
stalon001 isn't this guy. :)
oops, sorry. reading:

stalon001 said:
dude do u hate Macquarie Uni? me too :) i jus love it, get a real peace writing shit abt Mq uni.
and seeing your join date, hsc year, no av, i took what you said literally and i actually thought you were him when i read it the first time.

X

xeuyrawp

miss_gtr said:
Ha ha ha omg, we had him for a 2hr myth lecture and he read straight from his notes, read passage by passage and he didnt look up at us once. It was terrible. The guy knows his stuff, but my god, it was painful. He is like egyptology god I hear. Plant is fully in love with him. He doesnt stop admiring him.
Ockinga is just really shy... I think he's more of a researcher/author rather than a presenter/lecturer, he certainly needs to work on his style. He's quite shy, as well, I find.

Plant loves him because Ockinga knows all of the languages Plant knows (Latin, Greek, Coptic), and about 4 others. They're writing an anthology of Egyptian religion in Greek and Latin sources together, so I assume it's kinda intimidating writing a book with an Egyptian historian who knows your own languages as well as you do. :S

HSC
You know what i think!

The dude that posted this thread, is just really jealous that Macquarie Uni is getting just as good or even better than its prestigous counterparts.
Look at its starting graduate ratings! All your doing is promoting that Macquarie Uni is just as good as the other city uni's. Thanks dude!

I've been to so many lectures and no-one sits in the aisles at all.. so maybe you should go to macquarie before claiming that macq uni is bad because it isn't!

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
little-rat-boi said:
You know what i think!

The dude that posted this thread, is just really jealous that Macquarie Uni is getting just as good or even better than its prestigous counterparts.
Look at its starting graduate ratings! All your doing is promoting that Macquarie Uni is just as good as the other city uni's. Thanks dude!

I've been to so many lectures and no-one sits in the aisles at all.. so maybe you should go to macquarie before claiming that macq uni is bad because it isn't!
A sample group of 8 subjects isn't enough for you to say that no MQ lecture has people in the aisles.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Neither is a presumption based upon not even attending the uni.

(Justin, banned again?)

Its all just shit stirring, lets focus on the fact that degrees are costing in excess of $100 K :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)