Degree Majors (1 Viewer)

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
You're allowed 3 majors in usyd commerce although you have to get faculty permission

Hey malazn, nice gif in your sig ;)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Malazn Pleasure
Accounting, Banking and Finance are my majors :)
so Banking and Finance are seperate majors at UWS?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Banking and Finance are separate majors at UTS. They have some common subjects however, so if someone was doing those 2 majors as part of BBus, they would have to take some additional subjects elsewhere.

santaslayer

HSC
Well, it sure sounds good anyways!!!

hmm.......yea, i've done a bit of accounting , banking and finance at uni........can i get a job as a bankteller now? :p

z_morris

Ive just finished my bachelor Applied Science/Social Science, I majored in Psychology, Sociology and Media with a minor in Human Resource Management.

Now Im doing my honours in psych.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by santaslayer
Well, it sure sounds good anyways!!!

hmm.......yea, i've done a bit of accounting , banking and finance at uni........can i get a job as a bankteller now? :p
You dont need a degree to be a bankteller

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
You dont need a degree to be a bankteller
You'll be amazed at how many graduate programs for banking corporations start them off as bank tellers, I know Westpac does, a guy I deal with a lot through work was accepted in the graduate scheme and was made a bank teller for 3 months before moving into other areas....

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Originally posted by Raiks
You'll be amazed at how many graduate programs for banking corporations start them off as bank tellers, I know Westpac does, a guy I deal with a lot through work was accepted in the graduate scheme and was made a bank teller for 3 months before moving into other areas....
im suprised about that too...

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I think it might be because the amount of graduates number more than the places they can put them, so they make them banktellers until they find a place to put them.

santaslayer

HSC
....or just a matter of giving them more experience by placing them in different positions throughout their employment with the bank?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Well they guy I referred to before, he said that he's now in the financial aquisitions and takeovers and being a bankteller hasn't proved to be an experience advantage at all and it was like he was being babysat until he was properly placed.

I know it happens at the bank I work at, if a graduate scheme worker cannot be placed in a position they are supposed to be, they are sent to wherever there is an open position until things can be changed.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
That is such a waste of talent I'd say
Morale would be pretty low, where the graduate would be thinking "if I wanted to do this, I may as well not have gone to uni"

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yeah, it's not the best for morale but when considering that if a graduate leaves that there is a million more graduates wanting the position, I don't really think the banks care. I know at work, if a graduate is being 'baby sat', they are offered any position that comes up even if it isn't on their preference list of where they want to work in the company. But it rarely happens, it's mostly caused if more senior people quit and positions haven't been filled meaning graduates have no one to work under or with.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Just do what you enjoy the most because the chances are, if don't like the study, you'll hate the work and you probably won't stay in that job for very long.
I reckon your right!! But I havent done any Finance or Economic subjects at uni yet so I'll just wait and see!

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
I reckon your right!! But I havent done any Finance or Economic subjects at uni yet so I'll just wait and see!
That's one of the reasons why there's compulsory core subjects, so you can make educated guesses on what you want to major in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)