Degree in a day (1 Viewer)

Pointy Ears

HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
hmm technically that's not right.
20 people from my school could go.
then they opened it up to the whole grade (this was last year). but i went to a selective school.
anyway i didnt go, but all the people who did said it was good. it was sorta like an intro to uni and some of the things you can do, mainly through discussions and talks and stuff. but they said it was really interesting, and definitely worth going!
0_o!!!! Well there you go, more ppl are invited from the selective schools, which to be honest, does make sense. But at the same time, the schools in western suburbs also have a lot of capable students, and i reckon that they should be able to elect more than 2 students too :(

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Pointy Ears said:
0_o!!!! Well there you go, more ppl are invited from the selective schools, which to be honest, does make sense. But at the same time, the schools in western suburbs also have a lot of capable students, and i reckon that they should be able to elect more than 2 students too :(
your probably right. I went to selective school too.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
damnation said:
What school? buko or something right?
buko?
i did go to baulko. lol.

and whilst i recognise the fact that there are extremely smart students at schools in the western suburbs, the reality is that for a large percentage of the grade, tertiary education is not something they can or will complete. At selective schools, more people are going to do well and go to uni.
come to think of it, i don't know anyone from my grade who isn't at uni. Noone i know of didn't go or is at tafe.

Last edited:

m_isk

HSC
N/A
tomorrows_angel said:
tertiary education is not something they can or will complete. At selective schools, the majority are going to do well and go to uni to do med or whatever.
Wow! Do you generalise often or are you always this logical and rational and oh so cool?

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
omg so many BOSers are going. Yup yup I'll be there doing designing virtual environments and agriculture and resource economics. THEY GIVE US LUNCH w00tzorz :)

I think u all know what I look like (bearded chap from the daily telegraph) so come say hi ^_^.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
m_isk said:
Wow! Do you generalise often or are you always this logical and rational and oh so cool?
happy? i edited it... slightly.

all i'm saying is that there is a higher percentage of studnets from selective schools who are going to do better than there is at schools in the western suburbs, and the invites to degree in a day reflect this.

i am by no means saying that all selective students are bright, and that all students who are bright go to selective schools. i do not mean to grossly generalise.

monique66

tomorrows_angel said:
buko?
i did go to baulko. lol.
yeah thats it...i had a mental lapse and forgot how to spell it :p

About Pointy Ears' point though, i agree that schools in other districts should get more invitations...i mean obviously selective schools have some of the brightest kids but it sort of negates the fact that some of the other 'bright' students are not in the selective school system..i could think of at least 5 other really bright kids from my year that could have gone (yes, i realise that it dosen't sound like much in comparison but it illustrates my point) ;)

Oh well...at least i'm going :) Registered today for law and media and politics
I hope i get my options! :)

Pointy Ears

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
only 2 people?

we had 6-8 if I remember correctly, mabye more.

do you go to a small school?
oooh, missed ur msg, sorry :/
Anyways, yea, its an average sized school,and its in the western suburbs, so there you go. Gosh, everyone was right about stereotyping the type of ppl at my school :(
Ironically, theyre half right.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
heh we had like 15+ from ours.

nanashi

HSC
yeh i go selective school
maybe its different for non-selective

karpov

HSC
N/A
do u have to bring the confirmation to usyd on the day?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)