Degree choice (1 Viewer)

J-Wang

HSC
Hey guys, I am trying to decide between a degree of Engineering/Commerce or a degree of Engineering/Science at USyd.
I am very interested in science, but I thought the commerce aspect may provide a bit more variety...
Could people please give me the pros and cons of each?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I don't know about Sydney, but go look at their handbook and read through the majors you can take in Commerce and see if any of those interest you.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I once was a commerce student and the major that appealed to me was management and accounting for obvious reasons such as job prospects and connections within the area (then I took an arrow to the knee - jk). Depends on your interests - talk to people who have graduated in the different disciplines and see what appeals to you. I love accounting - numbers and policies at it's finest.

Now I study science and can give you pointers on the disciplines closely related to medicine such as anatomy and physiology/immunology. Many people who "major" in these areas tend to go on to Graduate Med School or complete a Masters to become chiros, health policy admins, radiologists, ultrasound technicians etc. It would also compliment a Biomed Eng degree. Like Shadowdude suggested, you should check out our handbooks.

Good Luck and hope to see you around the Camperdown/Darlington campus should you gain admission to Sydney U.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)