Defusing defensive Dads (1 Viewer)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Okay so I'm mainly looking at the girls here, but how did you get your presumably overprotective dads (if you had one) to come to tems with the fact that you are an adult and therefore capable of having an adult relationship, and all that entails?

I'm kind of sick of my dad blowing up and trying to impose a curfew when I go out to dinner :mad1:

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Just tell him you old enough to take care of yourself, but i doubt he will listend anyway. Maybe if he trusted the person you are going with, then he might be abit lay back about it (but if he dislikes that person......your screwed).

Get your mum to help you!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
See, my problem is the dislikes the very idea that I'm no longer 'his little girl'. I'm 19. He kind of needs to grow up a little. The problem is getting him to see that.

Haha mum would help, but I'm pretty sure that'd just aggravate the situation. I think he's just terrified I'll turn into my sister without seeing that we're completely different people. (Long story)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
wheredanton said:
2. Has a scary father who wants to preserve their daughters virginity and purity in some kind of weird father/daughter love thing.
:(

Lol my dad would be the perfect gentleman to any guy I brought home (while making it obvious that there's a metal baseball bat beside the door.. I SHIT YOU NOT) and then bitch to me later. Sigh. Not that I've ever tried to bring someone home, that is..

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
The problem with that thery is that you don't nrmally meetthe rentals for a long time after you have met the children.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
But there comes a point when he's going to have to come to terms with the fact that he's going to come to terms with it, or I'll just hide it and not tell him what I'm doing. I'd prefer to be open with my parents but they've made it fairly difficult to do, because when I DO tell them anything they (read: dad) go nuts.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Haha, no, what I meant about opening up to them is more like "Yeah, I'm going to see the boy, might be staying over", not "Yeah, I'm going out with FEMALE mates, might crash at one of theirs'".

>:|

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Kwayera said:
Haha, no, what I meant about opening up to them is more like "Yeah, I'm going to see the boy, might be staying over", not "Yeah, I'm going out with FEMALE mates, might crash at one of theirs'".

>:|
Just tell them, they have a right to know their darling daughter is a hussy.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Kwayera said:
I think he's just terrified I'll turn into my sister without seeing that we're completely different people. (Long story)
your sister is the wholesome angel, right?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Kwayera said:
Okay so I'm mainly looking at the girls here, but how did you get your presumably overprotective dads (if you had one) to come to tems with the fact that you are an adult and therefore capable of having an adult relationship, and all that entails?

I'm kind of sick of my dad blowing up and trying to impose a curfew when I go out to dinner :mad1:
Wear the trashiest clothes that you have possible to your next date, then send a picture of the guy's face as you leave the door.

ellen.louise

HSC
wheredanton said:
Probably no father likes the idea of their daughter having sex with some random young guy. I mean, men in general don't have much faith in young women making well reasoned and rational decisions.

What I said above in previous posts is from a young males POV. From the POV of a father I'd understand.
From the POV of daddy dearest, all young men are out to get sex. I mean, he's been there, hasn't he?

It's kinda crap, though, when your parentals decide that just before you're out of their reach they should hold on tight. They get stricter when they think they are going to lose you to the big, scary world of adulthood...

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Kwayera said:
:(

Lol my dad would be the perfect gentleman to any guy I brought home (while making it obvious that there's a metal baseball bat beside the door.. I SHIT YOU NOT) and then bitch to me later. Sigh. Not that I've ever tried to bring someone home, that is..
atleast he isnt showing the dude his gun collection.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Serius said:
atleast he isnt showing the dude his gun collection.
Thats highly illegal..

...and reserved for the 2nd date.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:

My dad is slowly, slowly coming to terms with the fact that I'm an adult, but I haven't yet said that I want to date a guy, simply because I haven't found the right one yet (I'm sooo picky). I can imagine that my dad would go psycho and stuff. I'm afraid that I'll have the perfect guy first go and my dad would scare him off, or something. I still have problems going out at night for dinner with friends. Seriously, I think my dad thinks I'm gonna drink alcohol, get wasted or drugged and get raped.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
make it a habit of going out every week with your friends and coming home 10 minutes later each time.

and if i were a father i would probably want to know the type of guys that my daughter is going out with. i think its some kind of primal desire that your bloodline doesnt get infected by some teenage punk tosser.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
make it a habit of going out every week with your friends and coming home 10 minutes later each time.
Your parents aren't like dogs, you can't train them like that.

Give them some credit.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
You're 19. You're in your second year of uni. He needs to understand you're an adult now. Maybe consider moving out and asserting your independence?

ellen.louise

HSC
dagwoman said:
You're 19. You're in your second year of uni. He needs to understand you're an adult now. Maybe consider moving out and asserting your independence?
hehe... that's my plan too. THAT is why I want to get the hell away from here:) .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)