DEFINITIONS FOR distinctive voice, HELP (1 Viewer)

magatu

HSC
HEY, im just trying to define distinctive voice, and it would be really good if i had some examples to look upon.
thank you :)

tjmitchell

HSC
hmm, as the module is based on `experience through language`, it is random i reckon.
anyways, on the sylabus it mentions that students `cosider various types and functions of voices in texts. They explore the ways language is used to create voices in texts, and how this use of language affects interpretation and shapes meaning.`

yes, it sounds stupid, but from my class, ive kind of narrowed it down to when choosing orts, ensure they are linked to your set text through its `distincitive voice`.
seems kinda hard linking voices that will try to give off views on different things, but maybe the techniques could be similar..

idk though, itll all be dependant on the exam question wont it?

HSC
N/A
Here was my kind of definition of distinctive voices.. it was part of my essay.. hope it helps somewhat.

It is rare for an individual to gain recognition as a distinctive voice. A distinctive voice is unique as it reflects the speaker’s personality. This speaker has a voice that can represent a particular issue or group of people. The voice can communicate central values and concerns that are important to humanity. The occasion of the speech shows the significance it has for the audience as they are influenced by the power of the language spoken by the person.

magatu

HSC
thank you soo much for your help :)
i have found my ORT's although it has been difficult in trying to make sure they suited the prescribes text
hah
thanks again :)

Daniel_Dimech

HSC
Distinctive voices are conveyed through texts in the exploration of human experiences, composers convey their ideas and shape meaning through language, relationships and characteristics of voices are communicated through various texts. The interpretation of different voices can be identified in ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)