Definition for Imaginative Journeys (1 Viewer)

Peter Ashwell

HSC
N/A
A question about imaginative journeys.

Hello.

Could someone please define for me, without the superior attitude, metalanguage and unnecessary words, in simple, straightforward English, what an imaginative journey is?

I seem to be having an awful lot of difficulty getting a definition from my English teacher, the syllabus...

Thanks.

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
remember that AOS is about your own understanding and ability to apply ideas to texts. it sounds like youre having the same problem i had, expecting that there is a finite answer and struggling to come to terms with what other people offer... my best suggestion is to think about how it applies to your set texts. And if you can come up with a original or semi-original 'thesis' than your answer will stand out from 'generic'-imaginiative journeys are learning experiences that take us beyond the reality... etc etc...

the journey is not meant to be a finite thing, its something that you really need to come to terms with yourself... dont waste your time sifting through other peoples answers write about what you think because thats what is interesting and shows original thought.

if you like i can send you my thesis [pm me if interested] but i cant see that it could possibly be that helpful.

goodluck but remember its not meant to exactly come easily... it takes a bit of work and there isnt going to be 'The Answer'

dibdib69

HSC
hey could you guyz help me. I have an exam coming up in about 2 weeks time. I have to do a short essay on imaginative journeys using to different texts. I have chosen 'Frost at Midnight' by Coleridge but I need to find another text that links with it and allows the character to experience a similar journey.

If you know a text and techniques or maybe have reasons for how the texts link with eachother plz tell me...

It will be greatly appreciated.
Thnx

Katcat

HSC
Lime tree bower my prison is similar
also a conversation poem

HSC
Re: A question about imaginative journeys.

Peter Ashwell said:
Hello.

Could someone please define for me, without the superior attitude, metalanguage and unnecessary words, in simple, straightforward English, what an imaginative journey is?

I seem to be having an awful lot of difficulty getting a definition from my English teacher, the syllabus...

Thanks.
I interpret it to mean a journey that one undertakes to fulfil some need or desire of their own (def. of a journey), but it involves the mind, so either its purely from your imagination (such as a dream or a game that a child would play ie. imagination) or it involves intellectual stimulation (inspiration, if u wanna link it back to the syllabus) and through the process of thought (speculation hahaha), you discover something about the world or yourself.

yep, i think thats what it is...

jordie4

HSC
in my own words my definition for imaginative journeys are:

journeys are crossings between one part of your life to another, they help with the realisation of yourself, your life and everything around you. an imaginative journey helps us question our own reality, our morals and way of life, it gives us a better insight into the difference between people and things, which help us inturn appreciate the familiarity and differences between each other..

i really like my definition..but i would say to create your own.. theres no reason to reword someone elses.. thats what i like about imaginative journeys.. there is NO wrong answer.. every person has there own interpretation.. its just a way for you to discover things and be able to question and create and decide on a definition yourself..

thats what i think anyways..

hope it was some help

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)