Define "taking a risk" (1 Viewer)

Sset561986

I never actually planned to do art in my senior years, I didn't do it in year 9 or 10 so it wasn't a subject on my short list when it came to choosing subjects however things happen and i ended up doing it (and secretly loving it) and i actually not doing to badly!
I just have one question.... the term "taking a risk" seems to get thrown around alot by art teachers, critics etc i would just like to know what your personal definition of the term is when it comes to your art making!
Thanx!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
hmm.

going against advice, working in new media, exploring controversial themes, deliberately provoking or aggrevating someone through your work, and in the context of hsc art, breaking from the usual themes, doing a work for the work's sake instead of one that will get you good marks (although from my experience, people who do art for its own sake usually get good marks anyway)...

hmm. that's all i can think of at the moment. but take risks. it makes things interesting.

and yeah, that happened to me too, in a way. one week into year seven, i vowed to drop art as soon as possible. and it ends up being my favourite, top-scoring subject in the hsc. whoops.

Last edited:

dieselboi

My teacher loved my work but she said it was too cutting-edge (whateva that means), she said that i was capable of making it into art express but my work was risky because it challenged aspects society in a very severe way.
I didn't get into artexpress.
But i was happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)