Define Image (1 Viewer)

coolcapsicum

HSC
hey guys..

i was trying to write an essay to hand to my teacher.. but i'm struggling to define image in the first sentence?..

does anyone have any ideas?

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
For my image essay, the following are my opening sentences:

"Images are all around us in life. Whether they originate from novels, films or photographs, images present a certain view of the world and the people in it. Composers use images to manipulate our feelings and thoughts into the ones they wish for us to have when viewing these images."

reneelouise

HSC
in my essay i write...
Images are a pervading force that are used to portray people, places and ideas and that are influential in sculpting ones attitudes and beliefs. Images presented through media production are carefully constructed to manipulate the emotions and reactions of a responder in order to generate a desired response.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Image = visual language

Keep it simple....lol, but obviously that definition alone is as shallow as the literal meaning of a journey. For a deeper definition:

Image is a mental representation of something. It is basically our perception of something.

For example, the image most of us get of Paris Hilton is basically a spoilt, immature and promiscuous girl. This is because her make-up, clothing, build (or lack there of), blonde hair and "dumb" behaviour is portrayed in the media for us to see her like that. We may be inaccurate about that description but that's our impression of her, hence her image to us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)