Deferring (1 Viewer)

aneurysm

HSC
This will, most probably, include a whole lot of stupid questions about deferring from uni which everyone else probably already knows but ... ah well.

Anyway, I'm thinking of deferring once the semester finishes. What I wanted to ask was not whether it's the right thing to do, but more about the details of deferring.

As I said, these are pretty stupid, but anyway. How long can you defer for? I think it's a year, but I don't really have anything to base this on at all. If you stay away for longer than a year, I guess you no longer have a place at the uni? And also, if you don't come back within this year, does that show on your record as you having dropped out?

Uni just seems like a bit too much this year ... it's not the work load (I'm an Arts student, and 12 hours a week really isn't a lot). Uni just seems like too much bother sometimes. A lot of people have said that you should just get the degree over and done with, and that many of those who 'defer' end up never going back. Meh. I'm just finding that I don't really have any motivation, although I'm not going to defer simply because I can't be bothered.

Any advice/answers to my questions that anyone can offer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)