Deferring for a year but still want to study some... (1 Viewer)

geniass

I think that I want/need to defer for a year to work and earn money but I still want to complete some uni work if it is possible. I intend to study engineering, perhaps engineering/commerce at ANU or UNSW in the future. Is there anyone out there that has done something similar or is thinking of the same or perhaps just has some advice.
Can I perhaps study some maths courses or science courses that I can transfer credit on? I really have no idea.

Cheers

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
enrol in your course, but do it part-time
(eg, instead of doing 4 subjects/semester, do 1 or 2)

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Yes you can do uni part time. Or in some cases if you notice some easy courses you could try doing them externally where they send you notes, you don't attend class but do assignments and exams.

The HECS won't run out if you start part time and go full time so there's no problem there.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Going part time is probably your best bet.... if you do a tafe course or something you still won't get exemption from units at uni so you will end up paying twice for content... if you go part time in the degree you want to do then you will save time as opposed to studying somewhere else or studying something unrelated.

geniass

If I study a course part time do I have to do it on campus? For some reason that is what I think? If I do defer for a year I want to stay at home and there is no uni here.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
geniass said:
If I study a course part time do I have to do it on campus? For some reason that is what I think? If I do defer for a year I want to stay at home and there is no uni here.
You can do many subjects externally, which means off campus. You need to check the subjects available from your uni via distance education as not all subjects will be available externally in all semesters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)