decisions, decisions!!! help us out... (1 Viewer)

ShAdow_FaX

HSC
hey peoples i've never posted here before but the time has come for me to finalize my preferences and i've def decided to do a business degree....only thing is im struggling to decide whether i want to do a B. Business at uts or Business Admin at macq....rite now i'll prol go for uts so jus wondering if peoples could tell me what its like at uts in general??? like the course work, social aspect etc...would be much appreciated n i'd luv yas for it! :):)

ShAdow_FaX

HSC
yeah? i've heard that uts has a better one tho...? that mac is more known for psychology. my fam keep tellin me that for business uts is the best of the best but i want an unbiased opinion....

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
UTS Business is a great course, and in my opinion, a LOT easier to pass! lol.

It gives you an overview of a lot of areas of business (such as accounting, economics, marketing, law, managing and stats) and you can then focus on either one major and sub-major/electives or even two majors.

So its a great way to get knowledge of business in general, and also get in depth knowledge and experience in 2 areas of business, not just one.

I highly recommend this course!

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Do any other unis besides uts let you sample the range of specialties available in a commerce/business degree in first year before you have to decide on a major?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I'm not really aware of the structure of other courses at other unis. Perhaps ask about these courses in the other forums and then compare.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by Suvat
Do any other unis besides uts let you sample the range of specialties available in a commerce/business degree in first year before you have to decide on a major?
at usyd, you do compulsory core units in first year, these being economics, econometrics, accounting and business info systems. if you want to sample any others such as marketing, etc, you pick them as part of your electives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)