Decent first job for 16 year old? (1 Viewer)

tiplith

HSC
Okay so I'm 16 and I need to apply for my first job [yes.. i can hear you saying that i'm retarded by two years].

AANYWAY. moving on!

I've got a list of prospective employees and here they are;
Kmart/Coles
Woolworths/Big W
Toys R Us
Target
Subway
Starbucks

ANDDDD as a last resort:
Kfc
McD's
Hungry Jack's

Anyway.. I'd like to know if any of the above are decent [or not, for that matter], easy to get etc and maybe if there's any good 'uns that I've missed out?

Thank you. Tah.

kenny.

HSC
Most of the ones in your first list would be pretty difficult to get in now since most (if not all) of the posie's are taken up by students already since it's the holidays.
Those places have quite a long waiting list.

tiplith

HSC
kenny. said:
Most of the ones in your first list would be pretty difficult to get in now since most (if not all) of the posie's are taken up by students already since it's the holidays.
Those places have quite a long waiting list.
Forgive me, I should have said I was aiming to get it for April, the easter holidays basically so I'm not in much of a rush.

kenny.

HSC
Ah k, well i'd suggest that you apply at a few places, in not all of them, so that you'll at least get 1 or 2 offers. Most of them would be done online anyway wouldn't they? so it'll be easy.

HSC
If your aiming for easter holidays, keep an eye on the woolworths/coles websites in the next month-6 weeks. they always hire new staff for the easter period and should be advertising these positions soon.

Kabbasi

HSC
If you're looking for work in the Easter holidays, why don't you apply for work in the Showbag Pavillon at the Easter Show? I've heard it doesn't pay too badly although the shifts are long and it's all on your feet. I'd also suggest putting your name down for Woolies. I worked there for three years on checkouts and it really is a great place to start off.

x-kendall-x

HSC
I don't know where you're from, but what about Boost Juice?
I've worked there for over 2 years and it's the best !

darksouljah

HSC
lol..man.. its better u start studyin and got a life...

as the saying goes.. its better if u were a prostitute then being a mcas or kfc's employee.....

study hard n u'll earn it..

money doesnt matter that much ur age..

tiplith

HSC
darksouljah said:
lol..man.. its better u start studyin and got a life...

as the saying goes.. its better if u were a prostitute then being a mcas or kfc's employee.....

study hard n u'll earn it..

money doesnt matter that much ur age..
FYI I'm having family problems and I really don't have much of a choice. I'm an a-grade student but that's not gonna pay rent, ok?

I didn't ask for opinions opinions tyvm.

CieL

HSC
What are you interested in?

There's also sales jobs... mm... eg. dick smith, JB hifi, phone companies [3, voda, optus], allphones, crazy johns, etc..

I reckon you should aim for something you'll excel in and be genuinely interested in..

Other jobs may include iono.. waitressing? If you find the right place, tips and wage are awesome..

krumper

HSC
babikakez said:
If your aiming for easter holidays, keep an eye on the woolworths/coles websites in the next month-6 weeks. they always hire new staff for the easter period and should be advertising these positions soon.
thxs for that. I want a job at woolworths/coles but I have no experience -_- only a week of work experience and paperounds.. zzzz want proper job zzzz

johony

HSC
Have you tried local shops/cafes/newsagents? They usually pay pretty decently, and the hours are quite flexible.

HSC
krumper said:
thxs for that. I want a job at woolworths/coles but I have no experience -_- only a week of work experience and paperounds.. zzzz want proper job zzzz
http://www.wowcareers.com.au/wowcareers/woolworths/applyonline/search+wow.htm
Thats the link for the Woolworths Search tool.

As for experience, I had pretty much the same amount of experience as you when they hired me. If you want just a standard part time/casual position, they dont expect any experience. Just that you're a decent person who communicates well (especially verbally), and won't steal money out of the tills (yes that has been a problem at my store).

Nic-zilla

HSC
Season said:
bakers delight etc.
Heyy I work at Bakers delight and i find it great.. good pay, free bread and cakes and good hours for a casual..

Try at ur local shop cause usually easter is one of our busiest times of the year!!
!:D

waysted

HSC
safeway coles etc. usually don't care too much about experience.
don't go to kmart unless you're happy to only work 3-7 hours a week. supermarkets are good, apply to coles and safeway online now and they should email you to tell you when there are positions available

Evilo

HSC
decent job: anything but fast food
/thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)