• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Debunking myths of elite learning (1 Viewer)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The following is from a number of articles by researcher Carey Roberts:

Modern feminist theory is built upon the so-called "Mother of All Myths" - that a cabal of evil men (the "Patriarchy") has been scheming for years to keep women oppressed. Despite the fact that's bullshit, in the feminist worldview, all the ills of the world can be traced back to the evil Patriarchy.

The Great Myth of Patriarchy in turn spawned the Four Lesser Myths.

First is the claim that men “have all the power.” Must be nice to have the whole world waiting at your beck and call.

Next is Gloria Steinem’s doozy: “A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.” Steinem was telling a generation of American women that barren spinsterhood would be good enough. Of course, Steinem later found her bicycle and married airline pilot David Bale – but let’s not worry about minor details.

Third, there’s the feminist belief in the moral superiority of women. That concept is captured in the chauvinistic expression, “A woman can do anything a man can do, only better.” To the Sisterhood, that statement is not a joke, it is a central tenet of the gender catechism.

But here’s the biggest whopper of all: the claim that feminism seeks to bring about gender equality. Let’s look at the record. What have feminists done to rectify the fact that men have shorter lifespans? Or are victims in 93% of all workplace deaths? To the radical feminist, gender equality is only a one-way street.

The Four Lesser Myths of male omnipotence, female autonomy, feminine superiority, and gender equality create the foundation. Upon that base, feminists have constructed an ever-expanding superstructure of equivocations, half-truths, and outright falsehoods.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Okay, I've quoted the bigwigs of the movement. I offer you now a transcript of an "advertisement" published in the Honi Femme (Women's Honi Soit) at the University of Sydney.

title: How about a nice big hot steaming cup of Shut the f*ck Up.

four boxes:
1. (man to wife) Helen, this is some of the most vile tasting sh*t I have ever had.
2. (two couples at a table) Bill, whatever you do don't drink Helen's coffee, it tastes like second rate poison.
3. (woman 1 to woman 2) Actually it is poison. I am getting sick of all his bullshit so I put a little bit of poison in every cup.
4. (woman 2 to woman 1) I am doing the same thing to Bill. I just love serving him his cup of Shut the f*ck up

further text:
A famous American University completed a study in 1951 that concluded American housewives are forced to take a lot of sh*t from their loud mouthed idiotic, shithead husbands. The study concluded that the best way to fix the situation is... WHAT-EVER, have a steaming cup of SHUT THE f*ck UP.

Genuine What-Ever is worth waiting for
WHAT-EVER
Spouse Poison
"When you have had it up to here and you aren't going to take it anymore

PS ... Never ever f*ck with the person who prepares your meals

COPYRIGHT 1952, THE STEAMING CUP OF SHUT THE f*ck UP SPOUSE POISONING COMPANY.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
OMG you shit me so much no wonder you didn't get elected, your a narrow minded and arrogant, the fact that you read things and take them so literally shows your lacking severely in critical analysis

You sound like the new Pauline Hanson... if you got into parliament, australia would be one scary scary world

farr out, its a saturday nite and im on here arguing with you, well not for long, i gotta get ready to go to a party soon :s

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
umm i'd say the ammount of hate crimes on asians would be about par on that of aboriginals.
NOT IN THE WORKFORCE THOUGH!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Seriously the sorta stuff ur saying.. and the reaction of claire... just sounds like women have taken the place of men and like men they don't want to lose some of their special rights.

Claire u sound like you have a strong agenda, you claim that aboriginals are mistreated by society more than asians? What makes you claim this?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Phanatical said:
Okay, I've quoted the bigwigs of the movement. I offer you now a transcript of an "advertisement" published in the Honi Femme (Women's Honi Soit) at the University of Sydney.

title: How about a nice big hot steaming cup of Shut the f*ck Up.

four boxes:
1. (man to wife) Helen, this is some of the most vile tasting sh*t I have ever had.
2. (two couples at a table) Bill, whatever you do don't drink Helen's coffee, it tastes like second rate poison.
3. (woman 1 to woman 2) Actually it is poison. I am getting sick of all his bullshit so I put a little bit of poison in every cup.
4. (woman 2 to woman 1) I am doing the same thing to Bill. I just love serving him his cup of Shut the f*ck up

further text:
A famous American University completed a study in 1951 that concluded American housewives are forced to take a lot of sh*t from their loud mouthed idiotic, shithead husbands. The study concluded that the best way to fix the situation is... WHAT-EVER, have a steaming cup of SHUT THE f*ck UP.

Genuine What-Ever is worth waiting for
WHAT-EVER
Spouse Poison
"When you have had it up to here and you aren't going to take it anymore

PS ... Never ever f*ck with the person who prepares your meals

COPYRIGHT 1952, THE STEAMING CUP OF SHUT THE f*ck UP SPOUSE POISONING COMPANY.
Sorry to be rude, but i can't read all of that stuff (Exams are over!)... your starting to say crap and i finish reading some stuff and i think... what's his point? im finding you boring and repetitive and irrelevant... can you make your points short nice and sweet with just a few references... next time instead of giving me the whole extract!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Seriously the sorta stuff ur saying.. and the reaction of claire... just sounds like women have taken the place of men and like men they don't want to lose some of their special rights.

Claire u sound like you have a strong agenda, you claim that aboriginals are mistreated by society more than asians
in the workforce in the work force in the workforce in the work forcein the workforce in the work forcein the workforce in the work forcein the workforce in the work forcein the workforce in the work force....... stop putting words in my mouth! im saying aboriginals are more discriminated in jobs than asians......i dont have any references ready nor am i going to go search the web or dig up my old essays *snicker*......

right now i really dont care lol im off! see ya... good luck to both of you and to everyone else that think that feminist are fugly looking, masculine brutes looking to rule the world lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Phanatical said:
Exactly. Without supporting statements, what's the point?
I'm too hyped about holidays, time constraints to dig up quotes, extracts, summaries, search the web, i'm telling you what i've learnt from doing subjects related to my degree

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Phanatical, you seem to be generalising about the feminist movement. Do you really believe that all females support every piece of feminist literature out there?

Believe it or not, not all everyone from the female gender readily agrees with what all those authors have said.

And like Claire (i think it was Claire) said, you need to take into account the context in which literature was written in.

You talk about society expectations that men enter into trade jobs. But you're argument is one-sided and you fail to take into account the otherside of the argument- that women are not readily welcomed into such trade jobs. Maybe that can help in explaining why there aren't as many women plumbers, electricians and in other trade-related jobs.

And btw, you never did respond to my previous question over the example you gave with mark disparities concerning legal studies. I asked you whether you had any evidence of mark disparities across other subjects. You still haven't said anything about it (see my first post in this thread)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Of course not. This is why I distinguish between the feminist movement, and the feminazi movement. Feminists support masculist theory, because Female Rights = Male Rights = Universal Human Rights.

I am critical of the feminazi movement, because THEY are the ones who are directly concerned with what I oppose. I also completely agree with you in that society doesn't encourage women into trades. I haven't referred to solid numbers, as much the emphasis of the last 10 years on pushing men out of schools, and women into tertiary education.

And finally, I speak only from personal experience, and I used Legal Studies as the example which I have personally experienced. That said, there is much evidence to show similar mark disparities, as evidenced by the work of people like Joe Manthey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)