Death From Above 1979 (1 Viewer)

volta

HSC
I just want to gauge the public's (i.e. BoS) awareness of this relatively new band.

If you know anything about them, love them or loathe them, then post here.

graphix

HSC
Never heard of them, what genre are they? Are they a Aussie band?

I could type in google...but that is so many clicks away so bah, enlighten me! :)

joey_2323

HSC
N/A
they are coming to oz next week....

and they are from canada

volta

HSC
That's right Joey, and for Graphix they have been called noise rock in the vein of drums and bass combo of Lightning Bolt of Rhode Island, but I disagree. Unfortunatley I cannot pigeon hole into any particular genre, but if anyone can please enlighten me.

volta

HSC
Dickpants do you have any of their albums? I have Wonderful Rainbow by LB and You're a Woman, I'm a Machine by DFA1979

artfag

Banned
HSC
volta said:
That's right Joey, and for Graphix they have been called noise rock in the vein of drums and bass combo of Lightning Bolt of Rhode Island, but I disagree. Unfortunatley I cannot pigeon hole into any particular genre, but if anyone can please enlighten me.

ruins .

killyridols

HSC
i was really skeptical about buying 'you're a woman, i'm a machine' because i'd heard it was less noisy and more accesible than their ep but it was better. they sound like they have millions of arms each.

HSC
this is me making a quip about alan just finding out about dfa1979 today. too bad they're not together anymore and also too bad that i can't be bothered thinking of anything better to say.

esquared

HSC
Still regret missing the last tour.
One day i want to make love and listen to death from above. css know their shit, those crunchy basslines are made for fucking.

mia5678

HSC
so sad they broke up still love them though at moment i am listening to a remix of blood on our hands by mstrkrft which oddly enough has jesse from death in it lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)